Nothing Phone (1) is now reviving a new OTA update which brings a couple of new features, a bunch of new camera improvements and a few bug fixes and improvements. The Nothing OS 1.1.3 version is currently rolling out gradually to all the users across the globe. This is the fourth update for the phone, Nothing OS 1.1.2 version with charging performance improvements and other optimizations was rolled out on August 1st.
The new update for the Phone (1) comes in a 64.33 MB size and as said earlier, the update is currently rolling out to all Nothing Phone (1) users gradually. Ahead of the new OTA arrival, last week Carl Pei teased the new update on Twitter saying “Next Phone (1) OTA is dope”. Let’s take a look at the change log of the new OTA update.
Update gradually rolling out now… enjoy the camera updates. More to come!
— Carl Pei (@getpeid) August 17, 2022
Nothing OS 1.1.3 Update Changelog
As said earlier, the new OTA for Northing Phone (1) brings a couple of new features. The company has now added an option to turn on Google’s Adaptive Battery setting to smartly optimize battery life based on usage. Next, the fingerprint verification UI for third-party apps has been redesigned, this fingerprint UI will be used mostly on some banking and financing apps.
The update has also added a bunch of camera improvements and optimization as you can see from the below changelog. Lastly, the v 1.1.3 update has fixed issues on apps like Twitter, Play store, etc. Here is the official changelog of the new OS 1.1.3 update for the Nothing Phone (1).
● Added option to turn on Google’s Adaptive Battery to intelligently optimise battery life
● Redesigned fingerprint verification Ul for 3rd party apps.
● When using Glyph lighting, images are automatically adjusted to optimal colour and brightness.
● Improved photo clarity when using the front camera.
● Faster Night Mode and HDR photo processing time.
● Richer colour saturation when using the ultra-wide camera.
● Reduced noise and increased sharpness when using zoom.
● Added reminder to clean the camera lenses.
Bug fixes and performance optimisations
● Resolved an issue that caused stuttering in some apps like Twitter, Play Store etc.
● Resolved an issue that prevented mobile hotspot from working properly.
● Fixed an issue that caused the lock screen to crash after tapping on a notification and then trying to use finger unlock.
● Polished minor UI details.
● General bug fixes.
One of the biggest complaints with the last update was the phone’s battery life took a massive hit, we have to wait and see if this new update improves the battery usage.
For those who are interested, Nothing Phone (1) will go on sale in India on August 22rd on Flipkart again.