- Nothing OS 1.5 brings with it an all-new weather app and a refined camera app.
- Nothing has implemented Material You UI more deeply and as a result, the app icons also adapt to Material You UI.
- The update also makes it easy to switch data usage for users who use two SIM cards.
Nothing has finally started Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 1.5 stable update rollout. The NothingOS 1.5 is based on Android 13 and the company is calling it the most significant update to date. To those unaware, the company has been rolling out updates for the Nothing Phone (1) quite frequently since its launch in July 2022.
Nothing took it to social media channels to make a formal announcement for Nothing Phone (1) Android 13 Stable update rollout. The Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 1.5 stable update brings with it a new Glyph sound pack that includes new Glyph synced ringtones and notification sounds. The update also includes an all-new weather app. Let us take a closer look at what Nothing OS 1.5 has in store for Nothing Phone (1) users,
Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 1.5 Update: Changelogs and Features
Nothing says that it has included a new weather app for Nothing Phone 1 users with the latest update. The company also claimed to have refined the camera app interface. The brand claims that after updating, the app loading speeds will increase by up to 50%.
Nothing has also baked in a new Glyph sound pack that includes Glyph synced ringtones and notification sounds. The company has also implemented Material You UI more deeply and as a result, the app icons have also been adapted to Material You UI. Nothing OS 1.5 also allows users to customize lock screen shortcuts.
Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 1.5 update also makes it easy to switch data usage for users who use two SIM cards. The company has also added support for clipboard preview, similar to what we have seen on Google Pixel series smartphones. Take a look at official changelogs below,
- New Nothing weather app.
- Refined camera app interface.
- Up to 50% increase in app loading speed.
- New Glyph sound pack. More Glyph ringtones and notification sounds.
- More “Material You”, meaning more colour schemes available for matching third-party apps to wallpaper.
- Lockscreen shortcut customisations. Create shortcuts for camera, torch, device controls, and wallet.
- Easily switch data usage when using dual SIM with the improved network Quick Settings panel.
- New QR code scanner in Quick Settings and in the camera app.
- Multi-language support that allows different languages for different apps.
- Clipboard preview. Copied text appears on the clipboard in the bottom corner of the screen. So you can directly edit the text before pasting.
- Foreground services. Close active background apps directly from the notification centre to save battery.
- New look for Media Control. Puts album artwork on full display with a wider set of music controls.
- Improved volume control. Easily adjust individual volume sliders without unlocking the screen (e.g. music vs ringtone).
- Less distracting notifications whilst in Game Mode. Now with Google Game Dashboard. Dashboard supports screenshots, screen recording, FPS display, and Do Not Disturb.
- Live caption: detects speech on your device and automatically generates captions.
- Smoother animations when transitioning the display between on and off.
- Photo picker. Choose which images you want to share with each app.
- Media permissions. Group the types of media you want to share e.g., photos and videos, music and audio, files.
- Alerts when an app accesses your clipboard. Then cleared history after a period of time to prevent unwanted access.
- Added Personal Safety app.
- Increased background memory. Reducing the wait for frequently used apps to load.
- New self-repair feature that keeps Phone (1) running like it’s new. By clearing unused cache and expired system dumps.
- Increased system stability.
- General bug fixes.
Do you use a Nothing Phone (1)? If yes, did you receive the Nothing Phone (1) Nothing OS 1.5 update? Do let us know in the comments section below.