- Nothing Phone (2) Nothing OS 2.0.2a update improves highlight exposure for HDR shots.
- The update brings optimized highlights for low-light environment shots.
- It also improves the clarity of faces in photos shot in indoor environments.
Nothing, last month, introduced the Nothing Phone (2) in the Indian market. London-based brand has now started rolling out Nothing OS 2.0.2a update for the Nothing Phone (2) users across the globe. To those unaware, the Nothing OS 2.0.2a is the third firmware update within two months of the launch of the Nothing Phone (2). The company had rolled out Nothing OS 2.0.1 and Nothing OS 2.0.2 updates for the Nothing Phone (2) users earlier.
The Nothing Phone (2) Nothing OS 2.0.2a update is a minor update that brings with it several camera improvements. The company says that based on the users feedback, it has focused on key camera enhancements. Let us take a closer look at the details.
Nothing Phone (2) Nothing OS 2.0.2a Update: Changelogs and Features
The Nothing Phone (2) Nothing OS 2.0.2a update weighs around 58MBs in size as highlighted by several users on X (formerly Twitter). As per the company, the update brings improved highlight exposure for HDR shots. Nothing has also added a UI element that lets users know if HDR is active or not. The company has also optimized highlights for low-light environment shots.
Nothing says that the Nothing Phone (2) Nothing OS 2.0.2a update brings with it improved clarity of faces for photos shot in indoor environments. It has also resolved the halo effect which appeared in portrait shots when shooting in HDR. Take a look at the official changelogs below,
- Improved clarity of faces in indoor environments
- Optimised high-light levels in low-light environments
- Added an UI element to show when HDR is active
- Optimised highlight exposure when shooting in HDR
- Reduced dull tones when shooting in HDR
- Resolved the halo effect issue in Portrait Mode when shooting in HDR
To update your Nothing Phone (2) to the latest Nothing OS 2.0.2a update, you can head over to Settings > System > System Update.
Nothing Phone (2): Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.7-inch LTPO AMOLED display, 10-bit panel, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Full HD+ (2412 × 1080 pixel) resolution, 394 ppi pixel density, 1000 nits peak brightness, HDR10+, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (fabricated on TSMC’s 4nm processor) with Adreno 730 GPU
- Memory and Storage: LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Software: Nothing OS 2.0, based on Android 13. Eligible for Android 14, Android 15, and Android 16 updates.
- Front Camera: 32MP Sony IMX615 sensor
- Cameras: 50MP Sony IMX890 sensor with 1/1.56-inch sensor size and OIS, 50MP Samsung ISOCELL GN1 sensor with 114° field of view, ultra-wide-angle functionality, and 4cm macro shot support
- Battery and Charging: 4700mAh, 45W fast charging over USB Type-C port, 15W Qi wireless charging, 5W reverse wireless charging
- Audio: Stereo speaker setup, Type-C headphone jack
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner and software-based face unlock
- Weight: 201.2 grams
- Dimensions: 162.1 × 76.4 × 8.6mm
- Others: IP54 splash resistant
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and NavIC
- Colour Options: White, Dark Grey
- Configurations: 8Gb + 128GB, 12GB + 256GB, 12GB + 512GB