- Nothing OS 2.0.2 has been rolled out to Phone (2) users.
- The new Nothing OS update introduces many new features while claiming to improve the user experience.
- Phone (1) users will get the new Nothing OS 2.0 update by the end of August.
Nothing rolled out Nothing OS 2.0 earlier this year to its smartphones worldwide. The company’s latest flagship, the Phone (2), came with Nothing OS 2.0 based on Android 13. The company soon released a minor Nothing OS 2.0.1 update, which introduced some minor upgrades and improvements to enhance the user experience. Phone (2) users will now be getting another update soon. Nothing has announced that it is rolling out Nothing OS 2.0.2 with many camera improvements.
The new update also includes the latest Android security patch. Let’s take a look at more details about the new Nothing OS 2.0.2 update.
Nothing OS 2.0.2 Update: Patch Notes and How to Update
The new Nothing OS 2.0.2 update has been rolled out to Phone (2) users. The new update comes with the latest Android security patch. Nothing also revealed a list of camera improvements coming to its flagship smartphone with the latest update.
Phone (2) users can expect an improved low-light performance following the update. The update also claims to provide an enhanced bokeh effect in the portrait model. Also, the new Nothing OS update is claimed to offer overall clarity improvements and faster HDR processing speed. There are a bunch of more improvements and features introduced alongside the camera-centric updates.
Below is the complete changelog of the new Nothing OS 2.0.2 update:
- Enhanced photo clarity
- Improved quality in low-light settings
- Faster HDR processing speed
- Enhanced photo clarity in 50 MP Mode
- Optimised stability and contrast when recording videos on the rear camera
- Improved photo quality in low-light settings
- Improved the contrast and Bokeh effect when shooting in Portrait Mode
- Optimised the clarity of faces when shooting in Portrait Mode
- Faster HDR processing speed
- Feature that can shut down apps when the device reaches its temperature limit
- Refined the out-of-battery visual when the device is switched off
- Added different icons for each of the Nothing audio products to volume control
- Updated to Google’s July security patch
- Reworked haptic feedback strength when typing
- Improved responsiveness of the touch panel under certain conditions
- Improved reliability of network for multiple global carriers
- Enhanced performance of some games when played in HDR
- Improved system stability
- Amended issues with Dirac Audio
- Resolved an issue affecting Google Wallet functioning in cloned apps
- Fixed an issue causing ‘double tap to wake’ to be unresponsive at times
- Resolved an issue causing the Bluetooth Quick Settings tile to be unresponsive at times
- Other general bug fixes
Smartphone users can update their devices to the latest software by going to Settings > System > System update. The update is likely being rolled out in a phased manner. Therefore, in case you have not received the new 2.0.2 update yet, chances are you will likely get it in the coming weeks.
We advise taking a backup of your device data before downloading and installing the new update. This is because you can always restore your data in case there is some unknown problem or error while installing a new update. Also, it is advised to have more than 50 per cent battery and a stable Wi-Fi connection while downloading and installing the new update.
Nothing reiterated that the latest 2.0.2 update is only for Phone (2) users. Phone (1) users will get the new version of Nothing OS by the end of August.