OnePlus announced it during the OnePlus 7T Pro series launch event that the brand will roll out the Android 10 operating system to the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T in November. As scheduled, both smartphones are now receiving the Android 10 OS along with OxygenOS 10 customization. The update is being rolled to all the users of the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T around the globe. However, the brand reveals that it is rolling it out in a staged manner. And therefore, it might take some time to reach all the devices. Unfortunately, the build number and the update size are currently unknown. Here is a complete changelog as posted by OnePlus on its forum.
OnePlus 6 And OnePlus 6T Pro Android 10 OS Update Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
OnePlus is known for keeping not only its new smartphones but also the older devices up to date with the latest software updates. And the Android 10 operating system for the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T proves it once again. This is what encourages people to buy OnePlus devices. Anyway, do let us know in the comments below if you have received the Android 10 OS for your OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T.