OnePlus has announced on its forum that the brand is rolling out a new OTA software update to the OnePlus 7 Pro. The update is 127MB in size and comes bearing the build number OxygenOS 9.5.7.GM21AA. The update will be available to all the OnePlus 7 Pro devices around the globe. According to OnePlus, this a staged rollout. So, only a limited number of OnePlus 7 Pro users might receive the update today, and it will be released to the rest of the users slowly in the coming days. Speaking of which, we can confirm that the update has started rolling out in India, as we have received it on our OnePlus 7 Pro. Here is a screenshot of the same.
The software update focuses mainly towards improving the camera performance of the OnePlus 7 Pro. According to the changelog, the update improves the camera performance of the primary, ultrawide, and telephoto camera in daylight, as well as lowlight conditions. Apart from the improvements to the camera, the update also brings improvement to audio quality for voice calls in third-party apps, improved touch sensitivity of the screen, and improved double tap to wake. Lastly, the update fixes issues with Ambient Display that many people complained about. Here is a complete changelog of the update as posted by OnePlus on its forum.
- Improved overall contrast and color performance
- Improved white balance consistency of triple camera
- Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing
- Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes
- Fixed issue of noise in some HDR scenes
- Improved contrast and color saturation of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto
- Improved clarity and color of Nightscape
- Improved brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape
- Optimized Double Tap to Wake
- Fixed issues with Ambient Display
- Improved the audio quality for voice calls from third-party apps
- Improved touch sensitivity for screen
If you haven’t received the update on your OnePlus 7 Pro yet, go to Settings -> System -> System Updates and check for the update manually. Hopefully, you’ll get the update. In case you still don’t receive the update and if you don’t want to wait for it either, you can head over to the OnePlus forum, where a few users have posted a downloadable zip file of the update, with which, you can update your OnePlus 7 Pro manually. However, neither the brand nor we recommend installing the update manually if you are not familiar with the process.
OnePlus 7 Might Receive A Similar Software Update
Although the update changelog shows a lot of improvements to the camera, it is to be seen how well does it reflect in the real-world usage. On the same note, we think, as the OnePlus 7 has the same 48MP primary camera as the OnePlus 7 Pro, it is very likely that the brand will roll out a similar software update to the OnePlus 7 as well to improve its camera performance. Stay tuned to know more. In the meantime, if you’ve received the update on your OnePlus 7 Pro, do let us know in the comments below if you’ve experienced any improvement in the camera performance.