OnePlus has started rolling out a new open beta update of OxygenOS 11 for its OnePlus 8 series. The latest beta update brings a host of new features along with fixes and enhancements. Interestingly, the company has introduced Always-On Display support to its Canvas feature. Apart from this, the beta update brings some noticeable improvements along with the latest security patch. So, here’s the look at the latest beta update for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 update rolls out for OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro
The major highlight of the new open beta update is the addition of Canvas feature to its Always-On display. OnePlus introduced Canvas feature with OxygenOS 11 Beta 2 for the OnePlus 8 series. This basically allows users to automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on their smartphone. In simple terms, the phone will automatically sketch the photo present on the lock screen. If you check this feature by going to Settings > Customization > Wallpaper > Canvas > Choose photo preview.
Moving on, the update also brings some optimisation and bug fixes with the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 update. To start with, the update optimises the UI smoothness for calling along with fixes the issue of text getting blocked in some games. It also optimises the background process management to improve standby performance. The update also brings October 2020 security patch. Here’s the complete changelog for the latest update:
- Optimized the UI smoothness of Call
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standby performance
- Fixed the issue that text was blocked in some games
- Optimized the issue that input text was blocked in some games
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Optimized the animation effect with Canvas, making the unlock experience smoother
- Canvas now supports Always-on ambient display(Settings-Ambient Display-Always-on ambient display-Choose “All day” )
- Fixed the low probability issue that system settings interface stopped running when Zen Mode turned on
Previously, the company also rolled out its first OxygenOS update to the OnePlus 8T smartphone. The first update comes with model number OxygenOS 126.96.36.199.KB05DA. We received this update on your review unit and it is around 389MB in size. The official changelog reveals that the company has added Amazon shopping application to the OnePlus 8T.
The update also optimises unlock experience for the Ambient Display. It also optimises power consumption for the phone and brings Nightscape Mode for video. The update also improves image quality. It also optimises the accuracy of white balance under different settings.