OnePlus launched the OnePlus 9RT handset a couple of months ago in the country. The OnePlus 9RT runs Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 as of now. In a new development, the company has started rolling out a new update for the OnePlus 9RT. OnePlus took to OnePlus Community to make a formal announcement for the same.
The OnePlus 9RT update comes with firmware version MT2111_11_A.05 and weighs about 179MBs in size. The update brings the latest February 2022 Android security patch to the handset. Let us take a closer look at what the update has in store for OnePlus 9RT users,
OnePlus 9RT A.05 Update Brings February Android Security Patch!
The OnePlus 9RT latest update brings a host of optimizations and bug fixes along with the latest Android security patch. The update brings System, Camera, and Gallery optimizations alongside the bug fixes.
The company has optimized the video quality for the 60 fps videos recorded through the ultra-wide-angle lens. It has also fixed the distortion and blurring issue that users encountered in 50MP mode. Take a look at the official changelog below,
- [Optimized] the button color of Data saving
- [Fixed] abnormal display of permission box when accessing File Manager for the first time
- [Fixed] abnormal display issue when checking software update in Administrator mode
- [Fixed] low probability issue that setting the auto screen off time not working and the screen becomes always on
- [Fixed] the issue that Clock not responding after switching to dark mode on the World clock page
- [Fixed] the issue that alarm is incorrectly restored in specific scenarios [Improved] system stability
- [Updated] Android Security Patch to 2022.02
- [Optimized] the video quality when taking 60 fps video with ultra-wide in dark scenes
- [Fixed] the issue that may lose photos when using ultra-wide in night mode with night tripod mode on
- [Fixed] slight distortion and blurring issue of photos when taking pictures under 50 MP
- [Fixed] abnormal issue of the Flash when taking videos with Flash and Ultra steady on
- [Optimized] the stability of connecting phone to car with Bluetooth
- [Optimized] audio playback stability while connecting phone to car via Bluetooth
- [Optimized] response time for “sync photos” in Cloud Service
- [Fixed] the freezing issue while sharing pictures in Gallery
- [Fixed] the freezing issue when making video call on Instagram
OnePlus has confirmed that the update is rolling out in phases as of now, so it may or may not be available on your unit yet. To those unaware, in a phased roll out the update is seeded for a fraction of users first to minimize the impact of critical bugs. Based on feedback of users, a broader roll out begins a few days later. We can expect the update to roll out widely in the coming days.
The OnePlus 9RT is confirmed to get Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 update sometime in March/April. Do you use a OnePlus 9RT? If yes, have you received the update on your unit? Do let us know down in the comments section.