- OnePlus made the OnePlus Nord CE OxygenOS 13 Stable update rollout announcement through OnePlus Community.
- This is the last Android platform version upgrade for the Nord CE.
- The Nord CE was launched back in June 2021.
OnePlus has started rolling out the OnePlus Nord CE OxygenOS 13 Stable update for global units. The company’s latest Android skin is based on the latest version of Android, that is Android 13. OnePlus took it to OnePlus Community Forum to make a formal announcement for the OnePlus Nord CE OxygenOS 13 update rollout.
The OnePlus Nord CE Android 13 Stable update comes with firmware version EB2103_11_F.04. To recall, the OnePlus Nord CE was launched back in June 2021 and it came pre-loaded with OxygenOS 11. This is the second and final Android platform version update for the OnePlus Nord CE.
OnePlus Nord CE OxygenOS 13 Stable Update: Changelogs and Features
OnePlus Nord CE OxygenOS 13 Stable brings with it an all-new aquamorphic design. The company has also introduced several new security, privacy, and productivity features with the OxygenOS 13. These new features improve the overall user experience as per the company. The OxygenOS 13 also brings with it a new sidebar toolbox that allows users to open an app in a floating window on top of another app.
The OnePlus Nord CE Android 13 Stable update might be rolling out in phases and may not be available for all users right now. However, we can expect the brand to start a wider roll out in the coming days/weeks.
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
• Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating windows inside apps for smooth operation.
• Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customized avatars.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
• Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
• Improves the stability of mobile network connections.
• Fixes an issue where you are unable to make voice or video calls with WhatsApp in certain scenarios.
OnePlus is also allowing users to roll back to Android 12 in case they’re not happy with the OxygenOS 13. However, rolling back to Android 12 will require a clean flash and users will have to back up their complete data.
Do you use a OnePlus Nord CE? If yes, did you receive the OxygenOS 13 update on your unit? Do let us know in the comments section below.