Last week, OnePlus confirmed that the OxygenOS 11 Beta update for the OnePlus Nord will be released soon. As promised, the company has now released Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 Beta for the smartphone. OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 Beta update brings several new features and changes such as Canvas, New clock faces, a new shelf interface design, and more. The update is already live for OnePlus Nord users in India, but European users will have to wait some more time. Let us have a look at what the new update has in store for OnePlus Nord users.
OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 Beta Changelogs,
- Update to Android 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve user experience
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Newly added 10 new clock styles ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
How to install OxygenOS 11 Beta on your OnePlus Nord!
Installing OxygenOS 11 Beta update on OnePlus Nord isn’t much of a task. OnePlus says that users can update to the OxygenOS Open Beta version without losing their data. However, to be on the safer side, the company advises users to take back up of personal data before proceeding with the process. OnePlus also warns users that this is a Beta build, and may not be as good as Stable builds. Let us now have a look at the flashing procedure,
- Users need to download the ROM zip file from the link provided below based on their region, and then copy this file to phone storage.
- Users need to head over to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade, and wait for the process to get completed.
- As soon as the process completes, users can tap the Restart button.
OnePlus Nord users in India can click here to download the Open Beta update, while the Global users can click here to download the same. The download link for the European region is not live yet, and we will update the post once the company releases the download link.
Things to keep in mind before proceeding with Installation!
The company says that in order to flash OxygenOS 11 Beta, users need to have at least 3GB of free storage available on their devices. Users must also ensure that the device has at least 30% charge before proceeding with the flashing. We would also like to warn our readers that going back to Stable from Beta build will erase user data. So, make sure you know your way around in case you are planning to switch to the Open Beta version.
The company is also expected to announce OxygenOS 11 Open Beta program for OnePlus 7, and OnePlus 7T series devices soon. We will update our readers once more OnePlus devices get OxygenOS 11 Open Beta builds. Do you use a OnePlus Nord? Are you planning to make a switch to Open Beta build? Do let us know in the comments below.