OnePlus rolled out the first OxygenOS 11 Beta update for the OnePlus Nord last month. Since then, the company has managed to push out two more Beta builds, which brought in the January Security Patch, a couple of camera improvements, and new system changes. Well, OnePlus has now started rolling out the Android 11-based stable OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus Nord. The update is available to a limited number of users initially, whose broader rollout can be seen in the upcoming weeks. Let’s check out what this new update brings:
OnePlus Nord Android 11 Based OxygenOS 11 Stable Update rolling out
OnePlus had held a survey on February 4th regarding the progress of their Beta program. This survey had received a good response, which gave us a clear confirmation that the rollout of the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 stable build was due for the OnePlus Nord soon. Without taking more time, OnePlus pushed out the stable OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus Nord. The newly rolled out stable OxygenOS 11 build for the OnePlus Nord is of 2910MB.
The latest software update brings in all new Android 11 features which OnePlus has baked in its custom OxygenOS 11 build. As mentioned above, the update is only available for a few users initially. When OnePlus makes sure that there are no bugs in this new stable build, we can expect a broader rollout of the update in the upcoming few days or weeks. Here’s the changelog of the new update below.
OnePlus Nord Android 11 Update Changelog
- Update to Android 11 version
- The brand new UI design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve user experience
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (Go to: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added the Canvas always-on display which can extract the subject’s outline from any photo and display it on your lock screens Go to: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (Go to Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Brand new shelf UI
- Newly added a weather widget with smarter animation effect
- Newly added the Story feature, which can automatically create the weekly stories by using your local photos and videos
- Optimized the loading speed to improve the image preview experience
If you have not received the Android 11 update notification yet on your OnePlus Nord, you can head over to Settings > System > System Update to check if a new software version has arrived. However, if have not received the update yet, and want to flash the Android 11 update manually you will need to download the full ROM as per your region from the links below and flash the new update.
Do let us know in the comments section below if you have received the Android 11 update on the OnePlus Nord.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page