- The OnePlus Open India launch date could be revealed soon as OnePlus has started teasing the device.
- The smartphone is expected to feature a 7.8-inch AMOLED display and a 48MP triple-camera setup.
- The device might pack a 4,800mAh battery which could support up to 100W fast charging.
OnePlus has officially teased the OnePlus Open smartphone via its X (formerly Twitter) handle. The post shared by OnePlus reads as “A true OnePlus experience awaits”. The teaser image also shows that the device will have a book-style design, similar to that of the Galaxy Z Fold 5. Though the launch date of the device is not revealed by the teaser, the past leak suggests that the handset will debut on October 19 in India. The device was also spotted in the hands of Indian actress Anushka Sharma a couple of days back.
OnePlus Open India Launch Date Could Be Announced Soon
A true OnePlus experience awaits.
Opening Soon. pic.twitter.com/ruL733woE9
— OnePlus India (@OnePlus_IN) October 9, 2023
Considering that OnePlus has officially teased the launch of the device, we can expect the company to soon reveal the launch date of the handset. The renders as well as specifications of the OnePlus Open already have been leaked in the past. The previous leak suggests that the OnePlus Open will feature a 7.8-inch display with a 2K resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. The outer display on the device is expected to be 6.3 inches which could also have a 120Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, the smartphone is rumoured to feature a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC. The device could pack up to 16GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
As for the imaging purpose, the handset might rely on a 48MP triple-camera setup. The primary 48MP sensor might be accompanied by a 48MP ultra-wide camera and a 64MP telephoto camera sensor. On the frontside, the handset might feature a 32MP selfie camera. The inner display on the device might include a 20MP camera. Since, OnePlus has released has the OxygenOS 14 a few days back, we can expect the upcoming OnePlus Open to boot the same. The device might pack a 4,800mAh battery which could support 100W fast charging.
It has also been confirmed recently that the OnePlus Open and the OPPO Find N3 will be the same smartphones. The hinge on these upcoming smartphones is expected to be 37% smaller than the OPPO Find N2’s hinge. It is also confirmed that the hinge on these upcoming foldable smartphones will adopt 31 fewer components, which will make the device lighter yet stronger. As for the pricing, the device could be priced at under Rs 1,20,00 as per the details shared by tipster Yogesh Brar previously.
OnePlus Open Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 7.8-inch display, 2.4K resolution, 6.3-inch display, 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with Adreno 740 GPU.
- Software: Android 14.
- RAM And Storage: 16GB RAM, 256GB of internal storage.
- Rear-facing camera: 48MP primary camera, 48MP ultra-wide lens, 64MP telephoto camera.
- Front-facing camera: 32MP/20MP.
- Battery: 4,800mAh, 100W fast charging.