- OnePlus has revealed the new BOE display will be released on October 24.
- The new BOE display is tipped to have 2K resolution and 3000 nits peak brightness.
- The OnePlus 12 will be the first smartphone to feature the new display.
It seems like 2023 is the year when smartphone brands are fighting each other to see who can launch the brightest display on a smartphone. Oppo’s Find X6 Pro comes with a peak brightness of 2500 nits and is closely followed by the Pixel 8 Pro at 2400 nits. The iPhone 15 series and Pixel 8 have 2000 nits display. However, the latest foldables Oppo Find N3 and OnePlus Open offer 2800 nits of peak brightness. This insane number is set to be surpassed next week when OnePlus and Oppo will come together to launch a new BOE display in China.
OnePlus BOE Display Launch Date Confirmed
OnePlus has posted on its official Weibo account that it will launch a new display in collaboration with BOE on October 24. The event is named “Sunrise·East” and will take place in China. The launch poster also has Oppo’s branding which means it will also be a part of the announcement.
The company is keeping important details and specifications under wraps for obvious reasons. However, the post mentions, “In 30 years, we have gone from lagging behind to catching up to surpassing.” It went on to describe the launch event as a historic moment for Chinese screens.
Just before the announcement, tipster Digital Chat Station shared some information about the BOE display. He said the new BOE display will have a 2K resolution and a peak brightness of 3000 nits. As mentioned in the beginning, it would be brighter than what we saw on the new Oppo and OnePlus foldables.
The tipster adds the company has plans to release displays with brightness of more than 3000 nits. Those display panels are said to have a resolution of 1.5K. It is unknown when we can expect to see these displays launch.
The OnePlus BOE display is rumoured to debut on the OnePlus 12. The flagship is said to sport a 6.82-inch LTPO AMOLED curved display with 2K resolution. It is further tipped to offer a 120Hz refresh rate and 2160Hz PWM dimming. It is expected to get official sometime in December 2023 in China.
OnePlus 12 Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.82-inch curved amoled LTPO, QHD resolution, 3168×1440 pixels, 120Hz refresh rate, 2160Hz PWM dimming
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, Adreno 750 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 12GB/16GB/24GB RAM, 256GB/512GB/1TB storage
- Software: Oxygen OS 13.1 based on Android 13
- Rear cameras: 50MP primary with OIS, 48MP wide angle, 64MP periscope lens with OIS
- Front camera: 32MP sensor
- Battery: 5000mAh, 100W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging
- Other Features: In-display fingerprint scanner, alert slider, IP68 rating