OnePlus is rolling out a new OTA software update to both the versions of OnePlus TV – OnePlus55 Q1 and OnePlus55 Q1Pro.
Starting with the biggest change, the new firmware has Alt Balaji, JioSaavn, MX Player, ShemarooMe, Spotify, and Voot built into it, allowing users to browse a wider array of content.
Anyone using a OnePlus TV might know that it has an MEMC feature that aims at offering better picture quality and motion flow. However, there are many people who don’t like this feature, and OnePlus TV doesn’t have an option to deactivate MEMC. Well, thanks to the new update, users can now turn off the MEMC feature, but only while Dolby Vision videos are being played.
Another issue with OnePlus TV is that its remote doesn’t have a dedicated power button. So, if you want to turn on the TV, you need to long-press the OnePlus button. Turning off the TV is an even complex task – the user has to long-press the OnePlus button and choose the turn off option. The new update, however, makes the task simpler. OnePlus has added the ability to turn on and off the TV with the Prime Video button on the remote.
As you might know, OnePlus TV has a dedicated audio mode, where you can use the TV as a speaker to play songs from your smartphone. Well, the brand has now updated the audio mode with a new animation. While it isn’t a huge feature, it does add attention to detail. The new update also adds an ability to use embedded or internal subtitles with a video. There are plenty of other features onboard including the ones related to picture quality and connectivity. Check out the official changelog below to know more.
OnePlus TV Software Update Changelog
- New Content Integration with MX Player, Voot, ShemarooMe, Alt Balaji, Spotify, JioSaavn
- Bluetooth Stereo
- New playback animation while playing music through Bluetooth stereo
- OnePlus Connect:
- OnePlus smartphone can share Hotspot to OnePlus TV
- OnePlus Connect supports up to five devices simultaneously
- PQ optimization:
- Streamlined PQ mode options
- Added color gamut conversion
- Turn off MEMC in Dolby mode
- Local Player:
- Support both embedded and external subtitle while playing local videos
- Use Prime Video button on the remote to power on/ off the TV