Samsung has released the Android 13-based OneUI 5 Beta 4 update for the Samsung Galaxy S22 series with a bunch of bug fixes and improvements. The update also brings the latest security patch of October 2022. The new beta version of the software skin is now available in the US and is expected to roll out to all devices where the beta program is currently live across the globe.
Samsung rolled out the One UI 5 Beta 3 a few days back, which added an iOS 16-like lock screen, wallpaper options, and clock styles. The update is sizable weighing 1.5GB, but most of the stuff with this new update are bug fixes and improvements.
OneUI 5 Beta 4 Update Rolling Out for Galaxy S22 Series
The version of the update is labelled with ZVJ2. The update brings multiple bug fixes and improvements. However, since this is still in beta, there are some known issues. Here is the changelog of the OneUI 5 Beta 4.
- Improved Favorites and Recent items can be added and, removed in Gallery album
- Fixed the issue executed sleep mode automatically
- Fixed the issue occurred vibration sound/beep sound, continuously
- Fixed crash when entering App folder
- Fixed crash when changing wallpapers
- Fixed crash in S pen Air Command
- Fixed the problem for Object eraser not working
- Fixed vibration feedback not working in Home gesture
- Fixed the frame-breaking issue when entering from Widget to Home
- Deleted Multi-user function
- Other minor bug fixes
- When the phone screen is off while DeX is running, a black screen is displayed on the monitor
- After receiving the file with QuickShare, if you try to open it in the receiving pop-up, ‘Unable to open file’ pop-up occurs (The file is received normally)
- Forced Close occurs when the filter is selected from the lock screen menu, during Wallpaper image multi-pack setting
As you can see, there are still some known issues with features like DeX and Quickshare with the new beta version, so it is recommended to proceed with care if you are part of the beta program.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 series, S21 series, and Z series devices are expected to get the stable version of OneUI 5 by the end of 2022.