- OPPO has launched OPPO A78 4G smartphone in global markets.
- The smartphone brings several improvements over the 5G variant of the device.
- OPPO might skip the Indian launch of the smartphone.
OPPO launched OPPO A78 5G smartphone in India on January 2023. The company equipped the smartphone with MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC, 6.56-inch HD+ display, 5000 mAh battery, and more. OPPO launched the smartphone at Rs 18,999 and was available through Amazon and OPPO eStore. A recent report revealed that OPPO might launch a 4G variant of the A78 5G smartphone. Later, we exclusively revealed the posters of the OPPO A78 4G smartphone. We also spotted the smartphone in GeekBench, which hinted that the launch is nearing. OPPO has silently launched the 4G variant of the smartphone in the Indonesian market. Let’s glance at the pricing and specifications of the newly launched OPPO A78 4G smartphone.
OPPO A78 4G: Pricing, Availability
OPPO has launched the smartphone in Sea Green and Black Mist colour options. The company has priced the smartphone at IDR 3,599,000 (approx. Rs 19,600) for the lone variant with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. OPPO has announced that customers in Indonesia will receive a free pair of Enco Buds 2 with the smartphone. The pricing of the 4G variant in Indonesia is higher than that of the 5G variant in India. The differences might be due to different tax brackets of smartphones in various countries. There are no reports on the India launch of the newly launched OPPO smartphone.
OPPO A78 4G: Features, Specifications
OPPO has brought several improvements in comparison to the recently launched 5G variant of the smartphone. The company has equipped the A78 4G with a 6.43-inch AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution. The display has a refresh rate of 90Hz, a touch sampling rate of 180Hz, a pixel density of 409 PPI, and uses an 8-bit panel. OPPO equips the display with a peak brightness of 430 nits and gets protection from Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
OPPO A78 4G features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 SoC built on a 6nm process. The chipset is an octa-core chipset with four Kryo 265 Gold (Cortex-A73) and four Kryo 265 Silver (Cortex-A53) cores. The smartphone also supports virtual RAM, which can expand up to 8GB. The device runs on ColorOS 13.1, based on Android 13, out of the box. OPPO has included support for expanding the storage via a micro-SD card slot.
- Display: 6.43-inch AMOLED display, FHD+ resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, punch-hole cutout
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 680
- Memory and Storage: 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage
- Software: ColorOS 13.1 based on Android 13
- Rear Camera: 50MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth lens
- Front Camera: 8MP lens with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 5000mAh with 67W fast charging support
- Dimensions: 160.01 x 73.23 x 7.93 (Fog Black), 160.01 x 73.23 x 7.99 (Sea Green), 180 grams
- Others: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock, Stereo speaker, USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0