OnePlus has announced the Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta program based on Android 12 for four of its phones. The first Open Beta update is now available for four OnePlus devices 一 OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T, and OnePlus 9R smartphones.
While this is not a stable release, the Android 12 based update is available for all the aforementioned smartphones users who are willing to try out the newest version of the Android operating system as a part of the beta crew. Let’s take a look at the changelog and how to install Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1 on these OnePlus 8 and 9 series devices.
How To Get Oxygen OS 12/ Android 12 Open Beta For OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, 8T and 9R
Before we start with the steps, make sure you head to the respective pages mentioned below and download the Open Beta 1 zip file for your device and make sure you have 3GB storage space is available. This method won’t wipe your personal data, but it is recommended to backup all your data before proceeding.
- For OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro users
- For OnePlus 8T users
- For OnePlus 9R users
Once you have downloaded it, here is how you can install the update.
- Make sure you have downloaded the proper zip file on your phone
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone’s internal storage
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top-right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the installation package -> upgrade
- System upgrade completed to 100%
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart and your device will boot with Android 12
Oxygen OS 12 Features
- Optimized home screen icons with improved textures with brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels
- OnePlus’s -1 screen, Shelf gets new additional style options for cards, earphone control card, OnePlus Watch card
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture
You can check out the complete changelog by heading to the link mentioned above. Before you proceed to update, be aware that some know issues with the update where some third-party apps haven’t been adapted to the latest Android version and may not function properly and the clock might be missing the dial display when the AOD feature is on.
In case you wish to come back to the regular stable update channel back from the Open Beta channel, you can go back, but you will lose all your data. If you stay in the Open Beta, you will get OTA updates for the upcoming Open Beta updates.