OnePlus announced Oxygen OS 13 at the OnePlus 10T launch event. The company’s new custom Android skin will be released to several eligible OnePlus smartphones later this year. At the time of the announcement, the company had confirmed that the OnePlus 10 Pro will be the first smartphone to get the Oxygen 13 update. Now, OnePlus has released an Oxygen OS 13 beta update for its flagship device.
The new Oxygen OS 13 beta update is available only in North America and India. The company has not released the beta update for 10 Pro users in Europe yet. Let’s take a look at the new Oxygen OS 13 beta update features and updates released for the 10 Pro.
Oxygen OS 13 Beta for OnePlus 10 Pro
The OnePlus 10 Pro is the first smartphone from the company to get the new Oxygen OS 13 beta update ahead of its official rollout later this year. Those who wish to get their hands on the new Oxygen OS 13 features via the beta release need to ensure that their 10 Pro 5G runs on the latest Oxygen OS 12 A.15 version. Since this is a beta release, the update could include many bugs and issues that could hamper the user experience. Therefore, we advise installing the update on a backup device if you are not a developer.
The new Oxygen OS beta update changelog reveals that the software is updated to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 with a new behaviour recognition feature. It recognises complex gestures and provides optimised interactions. Users can also add large folders to the Home screen. The new update also adds media playback control and optimises the Quick Settings experience.
The complete changelog is as follows:
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behaviour recognition feature, which recognises complex gestures and provides optimised interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimises fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimises illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimises the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Optimises Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default.
- Optimises earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimises Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimises Insight Always-On Display, with more personalised Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimises Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colours available.
Security and Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimises Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- Optimises Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilise the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
OnePlus has also listed some of the known issues in the update, which will be fixed in the following beta update. The list of known issues in Oxygen OS 13 is as follows:
- There is no response when clicking Capture Log after switching Multiple users/System Cloner/Languages. (You need to switch Multiple users/System Cloner/Languages first before capturing the log in the feedback tool).
- A dot will display abnormally when pairing Bluetooth.
- The photos might be blurred when taking multiple pictures of people with Ultra Dark mode and zoom out at the same time.
- The screen will freeze when taking videos in specific scenarios.
- The pictures might not be saved when taking photos of people by zooming out 3.3x.
- There will be a black screen when the camera freezes.
- The videos might show in green when shot in FILM mode.
- The pictures might be black when taking photos in the dark with Night Mode.