OnePlus is now pushing out OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 update for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro users. Users who are currently running on the first Open Beta will receive an OTA update for the same. The new update fixes several system-wide bugs, improvements in camera, and Bluetooth. The update also brings the November security patch to the devices.
The Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro was announced back in October and now the company is following up with a new update and is also getting closes to the stable build. Here is what the new update brings to the table.
OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro Changelog
In terms of key changes, the OnePlus 9 series has received a bunch of new system-wide optimization as follows:
- Optimized the fluency of the status bar
- Optimized battery life and charging speed
- Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying apps
- Fixed the low-probability issue of automatic brightness failing
- Fixed the issue of some desktop widgets displaying abnormally
- Fixed the issue of Cloud service not opening in Notes
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.11
- Improved system stability
OnePlus also says the update will improve camera app stability. And, lastly, beta 2 will also address the Bluetooth low-probability issue. OnePlus has fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying the battery of Bluetooth earphones.
However, Open Beta 2 still comes with a lot of know issues and users may run into new bugs as well. In terms of known issues, OnePlus has listed a few known issues:
- Auto-rotate for desktop may be delayed under some using scenes
- Probable issue of Wi-Fi automatically disconnected
- The camera will freeze when taking videos in 4K/60fps mode
- Notifications for some apps will automatically be switched on
- Global Search may not response
- Background Apps may automatically switch off under the using scene of low RAM
As said earlier, the update will be pushed as OTA for those who are already on Open Beta 1. With this update, OnePlus has taken one step closer towards Android 12 stable rollout.