Good news for ASUS ROG Phone II users, now they can play PUBG Mobile at 90fps frame rates. According to a report from XDA Developers, a new update has been spotted for the smartphone which brings an array of features to the smartphone. This update will also bring support for VoLTe for T-Mobile networks in the United States and BSNL in India. The most important feature for gamers will be the support for 90fps gameplay on PUBG Mobile.
Currently, the feature is available on the latest ROG Phone 3, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T, OnePlus 8t Pro, and some selected smartphone models. The feature was open for all the OEMs from September 6th, but only a few smartphone manufacturing brands have introduced this feature to limited devices only. The ASUS Zen Talk forms have also released the release note which discloses the new feature coming with the update.
- Android security patch update to 2020-21
- Added support for the Kunai 3 Gamepad Controller
- Add “Auto activation of lock touch function” in Game Genie, where the lock touch function will be turned on after a few minutes when idle in-game.
- Support India BSNL VOLTE
- Support US T-Mobile VOLTE
- Support for 90 FPS in PUBG Mobile
- Fixed issue where WhatsApp call could crash the application
- Fixed issue where notifications would not pop up when using Teams
ASUS took a long time to release this feature to ROG Phone II even though the smartphone comes with a 120Hz refresh rate display. Do note that the update is only available via OTA (Over the Air) and users have to wait for the update to hit their devices. The release does not also suggest that the update will fix WhatsApp call crash and notification issues.
Meanwhile, it will also bring the December security patch for the ASUS ROG Phone II and support for the new Kunai 3 Gamepad Controller. “You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link,” reads the official forum.