The smartphone version of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, also known as PUBG, is a massively popular battle royale game. The smartphone game has engulfed India and has broken the popularity records. So much so, that we have recently witnessed PUBG championships happening in colleges. Now, in the latest news about PUBG, the Season 4 is about to begin with leaderboard reset.
For those that have not heard about PUBG, other than having lived under a rock for the best part of a few years, the battle royale game involves 100 players parachuting onto an island to scavenge for weapons. They then battle it out to become the last man standing all while the map is slowly reduced in size to encourage combat. The game started as a PC version and quickly made its way over to consoles. The smartphone version of PUBG called PUBG Mobile was then released this year to build on the wild success of the game and has since become very popular even winning The Golden Joystick’s 2018 Mobile Game of the Year.
PUBG Mobile Season 4
The season 3 of PUBG Mobile has now ended with season 4 expected to drop today that also sees the leaderboard reset so everyone starts from a fresh canvas. If you don’t see the drop today, then you’ll no doubt see the new season start tomorrow along with a new APK version 0.9.5 of the app. The new version of the app sees access to the new automatic assault rifle M762, which can be found across all maps and features three firing modes.
Of most significance in the new update is the introduction of a new Hardcore Mode to make the game that much harder for seasoned professionals.
– Added M762 automatic rifle, which can be found on all maps. It is the first 7.62mm automatic rifle that accommodates stocks. It has 3 firing modes: single shot, triple shot, full-auto.
– Added Scooter to Sanhok. This vehicle accommodates up to 2 players.
– Added dynamic weather to Sanhok. Now the weather changes between sunny, rain and foggy at random.
– Added Hardcore Mode, where footstep sounds and audio cues are removed to resemble the PC experience. This mode will be available periodically in the form of “Hardcore Week”
The new Hardcore Mode sees things like the footstep sounds and audio cues removed, which makes it much more difficult to hear other players either closing in on you or scavenging around you. The new game mode forms the basis of a new Hardcore Week that sets to increase the replay factor of the game.
In addition to the general additions to Season 4, the paid subscription service Royale Pass also has some new features.
– Added more firearm finishes, rare outfit rewards, new character faces, and hairstyles. Also added 600 UC to Elite Pass rewards for players to purchase next season’s Pass.
– Fine-tuned the redemption feature so Elite Pass holders can purchase discounted items with BP or RP points.
– Added Mission Cards for players to complete harder missions.
– Added a Black Friday event where discounted backs are even cheaper for 3 days.
– Added a system where the odds of getting certain crate items are increased dramatically for a limited amount of time. Stay tuned for more information.
PUBG Mobile is especially popular in India so no doubt the Season 4 additions will see more players gravitating towards the title. The popularity of the game in India has arguably driven OEM’s to boost the performance of their devices to meet the demands of the game, which can only be a good thing.