Realme has announced it on its forum that the brand is rolling out a new software update to the Realme 3 Pro in India. The software update comes bearing the build number RMX1851EX_11_A.19, and it is 276MB in size. According to Realme, this is a staged rollout, and therefore, the update might take a while to reach all the Realme 3 Pro users.
Anyway, the firmware update brings a plethora of new features to the Realme 3 Pro. A few key features that the update adds includes Google’s Digital Wellbeing, a new widget for date and weather, redesigned notification center, ability to manually limit the hotspot speed and monitor data consumed by connected devices, ability to monitor screen-on time, and ability to remove message prompt by swiping left or right. The update also packs the Android Security Patch for September. Here is a complete changelog.
● Android security patch: September, 2019
● Added the manual lock feature by long press the power button
● Manual limit the network speed of hotspot connected device
● Display the data consumed by connected devices
● Customizable data consumed reminder
● Display the screen on time
● Added Google Digital Wellbeing
● Clone Apps support for more third-party applications (PayTM, PhonePe, Amazon, Flipkart)
● Optimized lock screen clock widget style
● Added date and weather widget
● Optimized Smart Assistant interface
Notification Center and Status Bar
● Redesigned the notification center interface
● Swipe left or right to remove the message prompt after receiving the message
It is great to see that Realme is offering software updates with added functionalities to even its older smartphones. This is something that will build trust among users and encourage people to buy Realme smartphones in the future. Speaking of which, Realme has announced that it will soon launch a flagship smartphone with Snapdragon 855+ SoC. You can read more about that here.