Back in February, Realme launched its entry-level smartphone, dubbed the Realme C3 in India. The Realme C3 comes with features like a MediaTek Helio G70 processor, a 5,000mAh battery, which supports reverse charging, a dual rear camera setup, and Realme UI out of the box. As mentioned, the Realme C3 is a budget smartphone and is priced under Rs 10,000 in India. Now, the Realme C3 smartphones in India have started receiving a new Android update, which comes with the latest April 2020 security patch and a bunch of optimizations. Take a look at the latest update for the Realme C3 and find out what it has in store for us.
Realme C3 Latest Android Update (April) Features and Changelog
The latest update for the Realme C3 (which comes with the software build number RMX2020_11.A.21) sizes somewhere around 500MB and was released on April 20, 2020. Alongside the latest April 2020 security patch, the latest update brings about plenty of optimizations for the camera. It also fixes stutter issues found on apps like Facebook and similar issues found on PUBG Mobile. Below is the complete (official) changelog for the latest Realme C3 Android update:
● Android security patch: April, 2020
● Optimized the low ISO noise performance of the front camera and improved the ISO clarity
● Optimized the front camera issue of indoor AWB redness
● Improved selfie experience and closer to nature
● Optimized the contrast of selfies and reduced eye shadows
● Optimized blurring of photos caused by front camera shaking
● Optimized the image quality of the rear camera at low ISO clarity
● Optimized the AWB of the rear camera to improve the greenish problem in some outdoor scenes
Known issue fixed
● Optimized the fluency of entering and exiting Whatsapp
● Solved the issue of sliding stuck on Facebook
● Solved the stuck issue in some scenes during the PUBG
● Optimized the screen touch experience and solved the touch delay issue in some scenes
The update has started rolling out to the Realme C3 devices and chances are you will likely receive a notification regarding the same on your unit. To confirm the same, we tried installing the update on our unit and we were able to update our Realme C3 successfully. There are a few key pointers that you should keep in mind while updating your Realme C3. First up, you need to charge your device at least above 20 percent in order to be able to update your device. Secondly, it is always a good idea to take a backup of your sensitive information before hitting the update button on your device’s screen. In case you have not received the update yet, you can go to your device’s settings menu and try to check for the update manually. From there, all you need to do is download the update and hit the update button and voila!
As far as the specifications of the device go, the Realme C3 sports a 6.5-inch HD+ display with a 720 x 1600 pixel resolution. The screen-to-body ratio of the device is 89.8%, and the display is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The device measures 164.4 x 75.0 x 8.95 mm and weighs in at 195 grams. Under the hood, the Realme C3 is equipped with a MediaTek Helio G70 chipset, which is coupled with 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of onboard storage. If you need more storage, you can top up the storage of the Realme C3 up to 256GB with the help of an external SD card. To learn more about the specifications, features, and price of the Realme C3, you can head to our previous coverage for the same.
What are your thoughts on the latest update for the Realme C3? Have you received it on your device? Do let us know in the comments section below.