The Realme GT Neo 2 users received the early access Realme 3.0 update based on Android 12 back in December 2021. Now, after more than three months, the update stable update is available for the same phone and it is now rolling out to all the GT Neo 2 users gradually. The stable update of Realme UI 3.0 is based on Android 12 and has started rolling out to a limited number of users to ensure the stability of the update.
Realme GT Neo 2 Gets Android 12 Update
The update brings a slightly refreshed UI and menus on the phone along with redesigned icons, material, enhanced Always-on-Display and more. Here is the official changelog of the update.
• The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, delivers a simple, clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
• Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colours to make key information stand out.
• Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
• Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
• More creative Always-On Display: Adds realmeow and Portrait silhouette to let you freely express yourself.
Convenience & efficiency
• Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
• FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized.
• Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
• You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
Security and privacy
• Privacy-related functions including Privacy protection, Passwords, and Emergency call can now all be found in Phone Manager.
• Optimizes spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
• Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
• Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
• Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC.
• In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
• Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
• You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
• You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
• Optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phones, Mail, and Calendar.
As said earlier, the update will be rolled out to a small set of users and will have a broader rollout in the coming days after making sure there are no critical bugs. To receive the update, please make sure your device is updated to version RMX3370_11.A.08.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page