- The Realme GT 5 could be powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC.
- The device is expected to feature an OLED display, a 50MP triple-camera setup, and a 16MP selfie camera.
- The smartphone might pack a 4,600mAh battery which could offer 240W fast charging support.
The Realme GT 5 is expected to launch in China soon. Though the company has not revealed the launch date of the device, it now has started teasing several aspects of the handset. The company president Xu Qi in a recent development has now revealed that the upcoming Realme GT 5 will debut with 24GB of RAM. The post by the president mentioned that the device has entered the 24GB memory era which will improve the user experience. Additionally, the brand has revealed a new teaser on Weibo, which confirms that the handset will offer 240W fast charging support.
To recall, the previously introduced Realme GT series devices were launched with up to 16GB of RAM. The upcoming Realme GT 5 will not be first handset to debut with 24GB of RAM, as in the past Redmi and Nubia have introduced the Redmi K60 Ultra and the Red Magic 8S Pro with 24GB of RAM. Additionally, the OnePlus Ace 2 Pro which is launching today will be equipped with 24GB of RAM.
The past leak indicates that the Realme GT 5 will launch in two different battery configurations. One of the Realme GT 5 models is expected to pack a 4,600mAh battery which will support 240W fast charging as confirmed by the company, while the other variant might ship with a 5,000mAh battery, offering 150W fast charging support. Powering the device under the hood, there could be Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC. The device is expected to feature a 6.74-inch OLED display with a 1.5K resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate. As for the imaging purpose, the Realme GT 5 is expected to sport a triple-camera setup.
The camera module at the back might include a 50MP primary camera (Sony IMX890) sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, and a 2MP macro camera. The front of the handset is expected to include a 16MP selfie camera. As of now, Realme has not revealed the launch date of the device. However, considering that the company has started posting teasers related to the device on Weibo, we can expect the brand to launch the Realme GT 5 in China by next month.
Realme GT 5 Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.74-inch OLED display, 1.5K resolution, 144Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with Adreno 740 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 24GB RAM, 1TB internal storage.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP primary camera (Sony IMX890 sensor), 8MP ultra-wide lens, a 2MP macro sensor.
- Front-facing camera: 16MP.
- Battery: 4,600mAh/5,000mAh, 240W/150W fast charging support.
- Software: Android 13 with Realme UI 4.0