- The Realme GT 5 Pro is the upcoming flagship device from Realme, as a successor to the recently launched Realme GT 5.
- The latest leak has revealed the display, camera, processor, and battery details of the Realme GT 5 Pro.
- The Realme GT 5 Pro is rumoured to feature a curved screen, along with a 3X zoom periscope lens.
Realme is expected to unveil its upcoming flagship Realme GT 5 Pro later this year. The company has been teasing the launch of a new top-end smartphone with optical zoom capabilities. Realme recently launched the Realme GT 5 in China, with 240W fast charging and up to 24GB of RAM.
Specifications of the upcoming Realme GT 5 Pro have now been tipped online. As per reports, the Realme GT 5 Pro will feature a periscope lens with 3X optical zoom and OIS support. The device is also tipped to feature the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset, which will be launched by Qualcomm next week at the Snapdragon Summit.
Realme GT 5 Pro Specifications Leaked Ahead of Launch
Popular tipster Digital Chat Station has revealed several details of the upcoming Realme GT 5 Pro on Weibo. The post contains a thread of comments, where DCS shared the display, battery, camera, and charging specifications of the device.
The Realme GT 5 Pro is tipped to feature a curved AMOLED display with 2K resolution. The display panel is expected to be supplied by BOE, instead of Samsung. The leak does not specify the refresh rate of the screen.
The post further mentions the Realme GT 5 Pro is expected to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 processor, along with LPDDR5x RAM. Realme could feature up to 16GB of RAM on this flagship. DCS says that the device will use UFS 4.0 storage.
The Realme GT 5 Pro will reportedly have a triple rear camera. However, DCS has only shared details about two camera lenses on the Realme GT 5 Pro. As per the Weibo post, the Realme GT 5 Pro will feature a 50MP primary camera with OIS, powered by the Sony IMX966 sensor. The secondary camera is tipped to be an OIS-enabled 50MP periscope lens with 3X optical zoom and will be powered by the Omnivision OV64B sensor.
Furthermore, DCS added that the Realme GT 5 Pro will feature a 5400mAh battery, supporting 100W fast charging. The device is also expected to support 50W wireless charging.
Recently, renders of the Realme GT 5 Pro were also leaked online. It showed that the Realme GT 5 Pro could feature a design similar to the OPPO Find X6, with a huge periscope lens. The renders also matched the outline design shared by Realme in an official teaser.
Realme GT 5 Pro Expected Launch Date
Realme has not shared the launch timeline of the upcoming Realme GT 5 Pro. However, the company has been teasing a new flagship phone and has been emphasising the zoom capabilities of the phone. Considering that the latest tip by DCS mentions 3X optical zoom on the Realme GT 5 Pro, it may be the same device that Realme is going to launch.
This light will shine on realme. Just wait… pic.twitter.com/EdpmH2uOua
— realme Global (@realmeglobal) September 21, 2023
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset will be officially launched by Qualcomm at the Snapdragon Summit, scheduled for October 23 next week. Hence, a probable launch timeline for the Realme GT 5 Pro could be around November-December.
The device may not directly launch in India, as Realme is expected to unveil this flagship in European markets first. Realme typically takes 1-2 months to bring their flagship devices to India. As per previous reports, the iQOO 12 is expected to be the first device in India to launch with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3.
Realme GT 5 Pro Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.7-inch curved AMOLED screen, 2K resolution, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, Adreno 750 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 12GB/16GB RAM, 256GB/512GB storage
- Software: Realme UI 4.0 based on Android 14
- Rear camera: 50MP primary camera with OIS and IMX966 sensor, 50MP periscope lens with OIS and 3X optical zoom, OV64B sensor
- Front camera: 32MP sensor
- Battery: 5400mAh, 100W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging
- Other Features: In-display fingerprint scanner, IP68 rating