Realme, a couple of weeks ago, released Realme GT 2 Pro Android 13 Stable update for Indian users. Now, the brand has started rolling out the Android 13 Stable update for the Realme GT Neo 3 and the GT Neo 3 150W in India. This comes after the Android 13 Open Beta update which was rolled out for these devices last month. To recall, the Realme GT Neo 3 is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 8100 SoC and was launched back in April in the Indian market.
Realme took it to Realme Community Forum to make a formal announcement for the update rollout. As per the announcement, the Realme GT Neo 3 Android 13 Stable update comes with firmware version RMX3561_11.C.12. Whereas, the Realme GT Neo 3 150W Android 13 Stable update is rolling out with firmware version RMX3563_11.C.12. Let us take a closer look at the new features and changes that Android 13 brings to Realme GT Neo 3.
Realme GT Neo 3 Android 13 Update: Changelogs and Features
Realme says that the Realme GT Neo 3 users running firmware version RMX3561_11.A.15 or RMX3561_11.A.16 will get the Android 13 Stable update on their devices. Whereas, the Realme GT Neo 3 150W users must have their devices updated to RMX3563_11.A.15 or RMX3563_11.A.16 versions to receive Android 13 Stable firmware.
The Android 13 update for the Realme GT Neo 3 and GT Neo 3 150W comes with Realme UI 3.0 skin. The brand, with the Android 13, is introducing a new Aquamorphic design similar to its sister companies OnePlus and Oppo. The Aquamorphic design enhances visual comfort. The brand also claims to have modified the animations that incorporate the Aquamorphic design philosophy. The brand has also optimised the font for better readability.
Realme has also added an all-new eye comfort mode in the Kid Space section which will help protect children’s vision. The brand is also introducing an all-new automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. With this feature, the system identifies and pixelates profile pictures and names to protect privacy in chat screenshots. Apart from it, the update also brings with it an optimised multi-screen connect, and as a result, users can now open multiple mobile apps on a connected PC.
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Multi-Screen Connect. You can open multiple mobile apps on a connected PC for efficient multitasking.
• Adds Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customized avatars.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Optimizes Private Safe- The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
Realme says that is a phased rollout and will be available to all the Realme GT Neo 3 users very soon. The brand is also providing an option to roll back to Android 12 in case users are not happy with the Android 13 update. However, keep in mind that rolling back to Android 12 will require data backup and a clean flash.
Do you own a Realme GT Neo 3 or a Realme GT Neo 3 150W? Did you receive the Android 13 update on your unit? Do let us know in the comments section below.