Back in January 2020, Realme began testing its Android 10-based Realme UI skin for the Realme X2 devices in India. The company has finally released the stable build of its in-house Android skin to the Realme X2 and the Realme X2 Pro devices. Both devices are now getting the latest Realme UI update in India Over the Air. In case you are unaware, Realme promised to roll out the Realme UI update to the Realme X2/X2 Pro devices in March and the company has lived up to the promise. Take a look at the latest Realme UI update for the Realme X2 and the Realme X2 Pro devices and find out what it has in store for us.
Realme UI Rolls out for Realme X2 and Realme X2 Pro in India: Official Changelog
As mentioned earlier, the Realme UI update is being rolled out to the Realme X2 and Realme X2 Pro smartphones in a staged fashion and initially, it will be made available to a limited number of users. A broader rollout will happen in a few days if no major bugs are found. The update for the Realme X2 comes with the build number RMX1992AEX_11.C.05 and you would need to be on software version A.19 in order to receive the Realme UI update. The Realme X2 Pro update, on the other hand, has the build number RMX1931EX_11.C.23 and you would need to be on the build number RMX1931EX_11_A.10 to receive the OTA update.
As far as changelog is concerned, the Realme UI update for both devices brings almost similar features, save for the last two sections (Application and Battery), which are only being rolled out to the Realme X2. Below is the official changelog for your reference:
- Updated UI to realme UI.
- Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Smart Sidebar
- Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
- Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
- Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
- Navigation Gestures 3.0
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added whole new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Added pause feature for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system built-in ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
- Added new live wallpapers.
- Added artistic wallpapers.
- Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
- Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
- Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
- Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
- Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
- realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Added YT music.
- Updated decimals display during charging.
- To deepen user’s perception of fast charging, it will always be displayed when your phone is charging and the screen is bright.
If you have not received a notification regarding the update on your device, you can hit the device’s settings menu and check for the update from there. As usual, it is always advisable to take a backup of your sensitive data before tapping the update button on your screen.
What are your thoughts on the latest Android 10-based Realme UI update for the Realme X2 and the Realme X2 Pro devices? Have you received the update yet? Do let us know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page