The device that Realme has been teasing from a quite a long – the X50 5G — has gone official in China today. The new smartphone from the brand is a mid-range offering, and as the name of the handset suggests, it features 5G connectivity, which is a first for a Realme smartphone, and this also happens to be the devices’ USP.
Apart from the 5G connectivity, the Realme X50 5G is the first smartphone from the brand to pack Realme’s custom UI – the Realme UI – which has Oppo’s Color OS 7.0 underneath. The new handset also packs a few flagship-grade features like a 120Hz display with punch-hole, 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging, up to 12GB RAM and 256GB storage, and a 64MP rear camera.
Realme X50 5G Specifications
- Display – 6.57-inch IPS LCD with Full HD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, wide punch-hole housing two front-facing cameras
- Front camera – 16MP main + 8MP ultrawide, Full HD video recording
- Rear camera – 64MP main + 12MP telephoto with 2x optical zoom + 8MP ultrawide + 2MP macro, 4K video recording
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- RAM – 6GB, 8GB, 12GB
- Storage – 128GB, 256GB
- Operating System – Android 10 with Realme UI based on Color OS 7.0
- Battery – 4200mAh with 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging
- Connectivity – Dual-SIM with 5G network support, dual-band Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth v5.0, USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack
- Other Features – Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Colors — Glacier, Polar
Realme X50 5G Price and Availability
Realme has launched the X50 5G in five memory configurations – 6GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB, and 12GB + 256GB. All of the variants are readily available to purchase in China. The brand, however, didn’t reveal availability of the device for markets outside China. Below are the prices of all of the variants of the Realme X50 5G for China.
- Realme X50 5G (8GB + 128GB) – CNY 2,499 (approximately INR 25,000)
- Realme X50 5G (6GB + 256GB) – CNY 2,699 (approximately INR 27,000)
- Realme X50 5G (12GB + 256GB) – CNY 2,999 (approximately INR 30,000)