- The Redmi 12 was launched last month in Thailand.
- The global variant of the smartphone is powered by MediaTek Helio G88 SoC.
- It comes equipped with a 50MP camera and 90Hz display.
Xiaomi is gearing up to launch the Redmi 12 smartphone in the Indian market. As per the official announcement, the Redmi 12 will launch on August 1 in the country. Ahead of the launch, the brand has now confirmed that the Redmi 12 will be sold exclusively via Amazon in India.
Redmi 12 micro-site has also gone live on Amazon which confirms that the handset will feature Crystal Glass design. The micro-site reveals that the Redmi 12 will feature a flagship design and will come in a black colour option. The micro-site reveals that more information about the Redmi 12 will be updated in the coming days. Let us take a closer look at the details.
Xiaomi is marketing the Redmi 12 as the Style Icon and the brand has signed famous Bollywood actress Disha Patani as an ambassador for the upcoming Redmi number series handset. The company also confirmed two colour options for the Redmi 12 – black and silver.
Xiaomi has also revealed that the Redmi 12 Indian variant will be equipped with a triple rear camera setup. The company is calling it the Infinite Camera Deco. The Redmi 12 Indian variant is also confirmed to feature a centered punch-hole notch display.
Xiaomi will reveal more about the Redmi 12 in terms of specifications and features in the coming days. However, the Redmi 12 has already been launched in Thailand, so its specifications and features are already known. Let us take a closer look at the Redmi 12 global variant specifications, features, and price.
Redmi 12 Global Variant: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.79-inch LCD Display with Full HD+ (1080 × 2400 pixel) Resolution, 396 ppi Pixel Density, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 550nits Peak Brightness, and 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, SGS Low Blue Light Certificate
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 SoC with Mali G52 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 4GB/ 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB/ 256GB eMMC 5.1 Storage, Micro-SD Card Slot
- Software: MIUI 14, based on Android 13
- Cameras: 50MP Primary Camera with an f/1.8 aperture, 8MP Ultra-Wide angle Lens (120° field of view), and 2MP Macro Camera
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera with an f/2.1 aperture
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charging, USB Type-C Port
- Dimensions: 168.60 × 76.28 × 8.17mm
- Weight: 198.5 Grams
- Security: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock, IP53 Splash Resistance
- Audio: 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G, WiFi, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou
- Colour Options: Sky Blue, Polar Silver, and Midnight Black
The Redmi 12 is priced at TB 5,299 (around Rs 12,500). We can expect the smartphone to launch around the Rs 10,000-11,000 mark in the Indian market.