- Redmi 12 will be a budget smartphone and could be priced under Rs 15,000.
- The phone is confirmed to feature a triple-camera setup.
- Redmi 12 will sport a Crystal Glass finish on the back.
Xiaomi is gearing up for the launch of the Redmi 12 in India. The company will launch its new Redmi smartphone in India on August 1. Xiaomi has started dropping teasers, hinting at the launch of the upcoming Redmi smartphone. The device will be a budget smartphone offering and is likely to be priced at around Rs 15,000 in India. The latest teaser confirms the colour options of the Redmi 12. Xiaomi has confirmed that the new smartphone will launch in three colour options.
The company also revealed that its budget phone will feature a Crystal Glass finish, likely to look premium and give a high-end phone feel. Let’s look at the Redmi 12 colour options, specifications and other details known so far.
Redmi 12 India Launch: What We Know So Far
Xiaomi has confirmed that the Redmi 12 will launch in India on August 1 in three colour options. The device will be available for purchase via Amazon. Xiaomi had previously revealed the Moonlight Silver colour of the Redmi 12. This colour has rainbow-like hues on the back when light falls on it.
The company has confirmed that the phone will also be available in Jade Black and Pastel Blue colours. The teasers also confirm that the Redmi 12 has a triple-camera setup on the back. The device has three circular cutouts on the back that mimic the iPhone 14 Pro’s camera module layout.
The phone has a flat frame design with curved corners. It also seems to have a side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the right edge.
The Redmi 12 was launched earlier this year in some international markets. In all likelihood, the phone will launch in India with the same specifications.
Redmi 12 Specifications
- Display: 6.79-inch IPS LCD with a Full HD+ resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate. The screen is said to offer 550 nits of peak brightness. It sports a hole-punch cutout at the top centre for the front camera.
- Performance: MediaTek Helio G88 SoC with Mali G52 GPU.
- RAM/ Storage: Up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage (International variant). Support for storage expansion via a microSD card.
- Software: Android 13-based MIUI 14.
- Rear camera: 50MP primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with an f/2.2 aperture and a 120-degree field of view and a 2MP macro camera with an f/2.4 aperture.
- Front camera: 8MP.
- Battery and fast charging: 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support.
- Other specifications: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IP53 rating, dual-SIM, 3.5mm headphone jack, etc.