- The Redmi 12 Indian variant is expected to be powered by MediaTek Helio G88 SoC.
- Xiaomi has confirmed Moonstone Silver, Jade Black, and Pastel Blue colour options for the Indian market.
- The smartphone will feature a triple-rear camera setup and a centred punch-hole notch display.
The Xiaomi Redmi 12 is launching on August 1 in India. The brand had previously revealed that the Redmi 12 will be sold via Amazon in the country. Ahead of launch, Redmi 12 launch micro-site has also gone live on Flipkart which suggests that the smartphone will also be sold via Flipkart in addition to Amazon and Mi Store.
Xiaomi has already confirmed that the Redmi 12 will come in Moonstone Silver, Jade Black, and Pastel Blue colour options. The upcoming Redmi number series smartphone is also confirmed to feature a triple-rear camera setup. Xiaomi has also revealed that the Redmi 12 will feature a crystal glass design. Let us take a closer look at the details.
The Redmi 12 Indian variant was recently spotted on the Geekbench benchmark database which revealed that the Indian variant of the handset will be powered by a MediaTek Helio G88 processor, similar to its global counterpart. As per the Geekbench listing, the Redmi 12 Indian variant will feature 6GB of RAM and will come pre-loaded with Android 13.
The Xiaomi Redmi 12, as revealed through teaser images, will feature a triple-rear camera setup. The smartphone will offer a full-screen display with a centred punch-hole notch. As seen in marketing renders, the Redmi 12 will offer a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The smartphone will have a flat-edge design.
The Redmi 12 Indian variant, based on official teasers and images, appears to be exactly the same as that of the global variant which was launched last month in Thailand. Let us take a quick recap of the Redmi 12 Global variant specifications and features.
Redmi 12 Global Variant: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.79-inch LCD Display with 90Hz Refresh Rate, Full HD+ (1080 × 2400 pixel) Resolution, 396 ppi Pixel Density, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, 550nits Peak Brightness, SGS Low Blue Light Certificate, Centered Punch Hole Notch
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 SoC with Mali G52 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 4GB/ 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB/ 256GB eMMC 5.1 Storage, Dedicated Micro-SD Card Slot
- Software: Android 13-based MIUI 14
- Cameras: 50MP Primary Camera with an f/1.8 aperture, 8MP Ultra-Wide angle Lens (120° field of view), and 2MP Macro Camera
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera with an f/2.1 aperture
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charging, USB Type-C Port
- Dimensions: 168.60 × 76.28 × 8.17mm
- Weight: 198.5 Grams
- Security: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, and Face Unlock
- IP Rating: IP53 Splash Resistance
- Audio: 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G, WiFi, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou