Xiaomi rolled out Android 11-based MIUI 12.5 update for the Redmi Note 9 a few days back. Now, the company is seeding out the latest MIUI 12.5 update to the Redmi 8 lineup. The MIUI 12.5 update based on Android 11 is now being rolled out for the Redmi 8, Redmi 8A, and the Redmi 8A Dual. Along with the MIUI 12.5 update, Xiaomi is also seeding out the July security patch to these devices. The newly rolling out software update brings in new features and changes which Xiaomi has baked in its MIUI 12.5 version. Let’s check out the changelog of the software update ahead:
Xiaomi Redmi 8, Redmi 8A, Redmi 8A Dual Receiving Android 11 Update In India
The MIUI 12.5 update which is being rolled out for the Redmi 8 model carries the firmware version as the V12.5.10.QCNINXM, while the update arrives with firmware version V188.8.131.52.QCPINXM and V184.108.40.206.QCQINXM for the Redmi 8A and Redmi 8A Dual. As mentioned above, the newly rolling out software update for these handsets also brings in the latest July security patch. With the MIUI 12.5 update, the Notes App is refreshed, which now offers new tools for doodling and sketching, dynamic layouts, and much more. Additionally, the software update also brings in one-time permissions for microphone and camera, smart device controls, clipboard access alerts, Chat Bubbles, etc. Here’s the full changelog of the update below:
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
As usual, the update for the Redmi 8, Redmi 8A, and the Redmi 8A Dual is rolling out in stages. You can head over to Settings app > Software update > to check if the MIUI 12.5 update is available on your handset. Do let us know in the comments section below if you have received MIUI 12.5 update on your Redmi 8 series smartphone.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page