The Redmi smartphone that Xiaomi has been teasing from the last few days in the Indian market is now official. The brand has launched the Redmi 8A Dual in the country. It comes as an advanced variant of the Redmi 8A that was launched in India last September. The new entry-level handset from Xiaomi is a big upgrade over its predecessor, and it comes with a price tag of INR 6,499 for the base variant.
A few highlight features of the phone include a large, 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, reverse charging, and USB Type-C port, a dual-camera setup at the rear, Corning Gorilla 5 protected display, and VoWiFi. With a starting price of INR 6,499 and the feature set it offers, the Redmi 8A Dual seems to be the class-leader, at least on paper. Currently, the closest competitor to the Redmi 8A Dual is most likely the recently launched Realme C3.
Anyway, here are variant-wise prices of the Redmi 8A Dual and its complete features and specifications.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual Price in India, First Sale Date, Launch Offers
Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 8A Dual in two variants – 2GB RAM + 32GB storage and 3GB RAM + 32GB storage, and their prices have been mentioned below. Both the memory configurations will be available in three color options – Midnight Grey, Sea Blue, Sky White.
- Redmi 8A Dual (2GB RAM + 32GB storage) – INR 6,499
- Redmi 8A Dual (3GB RAM + 32GB storage) – INR 6,999
The Redmi 8A Dual will go on sale from 18th February at 12:00 PM exclusively through Amazon India and Xiaomi’s official online store. Since the smartphone already has a great value for money, Xiaomi isn’t offering any launch discounts on the handset.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual Specifications
- Display – 6.22-inch IPS LCD with HD+ resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Front camera – 8MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Rear camera – 13MP primary with f/2.2 aperture and PDAF + 2MP depth-sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 (12nm, 8x Cortex-A53 cores, Adreno 505 GPU)
- RAM – 2GB, 3GB
- Storage – 32GB
- Operating system – Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10
- Battery – 5000mAh with 18W fast charging (It ships with 10W charger though), reverse charging
- Connectivity – Dual-SIM, Dual-4G, Dual-VoLTE HD calling, VoWiFi, Single-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.2, USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack.
- Security and privacy – Face unlock (No fingerprint sensor)
- Other features – P2i coating for splash resistance
- Dimensions – 156.48mm x 75.41mm x 9.4mm
- Weight – 188g
- Color options – Midnight Grey, Sea Blue, Sky White
- Price – INR 6,499 (2GB RAM + 32GB storage), INR 6,999 (3GB RAM + 32GB storage)