It was only recently that Xiaomi announced that its next-generation MIUI 12 operating system. The introduction of the new custom OS coincided with the launch of the company’s latest smartphone, the Mi 10 Youth Edition in China. Back then, Xiaomi announced that it would roll out stable versions of MIUI 12 to select handsets starting June 2020. In fact, the company already announced the list of handsets that shall receive the official update to MIUI 12.
In order to ensure all bugs are fixed before the final version of the software is released, Xiaomi has started its pilot testing program for select users. In the latest instance, the company’s sub-brand Redmi has invited users of the Redmi K20 and the Redmi K20 Pro for the MIUI 12 Pilot Testing.
Mi fans, it's a now or never opportunity for you. A chance to be one among the first ones to test #MIUI12 on your device. Let's join hands and make it better for everyone.
Apply now: https://t.co/pyG3pqXAZZ
Note: Only for #RedmiK20 series.
RT if you can't wait to test it. pic.twitter.com/7reB2akWDH
— MIUI India for #MiFans (@MIUI_India) May 6, 2020
Users wishing to participate in this pilot testing exercise will (obviously) need to have either of these handsets in their possession. The rest of the procedure for signing up for the pre-release build is as follows.
The first step to join the MIUI Global Stable Beta Testing Recruitment Group is to click this link and join this Telegram Group before 14th May, 09:00 PM IST.
You will also need to fill this Google form.
A forum post on the MIUI forum clearly outlines the rest of the rules for participation.
- The user Must be an active member of Mi Community, India.
- Users outside of India will need to apply using a separate link here.
- Before signing up, please update your device to the latest Global Stable ROM.
- Users must not post anything related to the beta team on Social Media, in other sections of the forum, or anywhere outside.
- The users must have a thorough knowledge of MIUI, in and out, including Fastboot flashing and unlocking of a bootloader.
- Telegram username submission in the form is a must for related discussions in the respective telegram group, failing which you may be removed from the program.
- The provided ROM will be a pre-release version & not final build, and hence it might contain major bugs.
- If your current device is the daily driver device, then we recommend you wait for the full stable ROM rollout.
In case you do own either of these handsets, and you also happen to be a big fan of MIUI 12, you might want to sign up for this program. Let us know in the comments section if you do.