- Redmi K60 Ultra features a special X7 display chip.
- The phone also features a Dimensity 9200+ 4nm SoC.
- Redmi claims that the flagship smartphone scored 1,774,714 points on AnTuTu.
Redmi has officially confirmed some key specifications of the K60 Ultra 5G. The new Redmi flagship smartphone has been a rumour mill favourite lately and will soon be officially available in China. The company has confirmed that the K60 Ultra will launch later this month in China. Ahead of the official launch, the company confirmed some specs of the flagship smartphone.
The Redmi K60 Ultra is confirmed to feature a MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ SoC based on a 4nm fabrication process. The device also features a dedicated PixelWorks X7 display chip. Redmi also claimed that the K60 Ultra scored the highest points on AnTuTu worldwide. Let’s take a look at the Redmi K60 Ultra specifications and features confirmed so far ahead of the launch.
Redmi K60 Ultra: What is Known So Far
The Redmi K60 Ultra might well be one of the most powerful smartphones launching later this month. The company has revealed some key specs of the phone ahead of its launch in August.
The K60 Ultra 5G features the top-of-the-line MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ SoC, which has a peak clock speed of 3.35GHz. The flagship SoC should provide powerful gaming performance. To make the experience even better, the K60 Ultra will also feature a special X7 chip. The PixelWorks flagship graphics chip will not only provide a better gaming experience but is also claimed to provide a smoother display experience and enhanced imaging. There is also a Furious Engine 2.0, which seems like a dedicated performance mode to unlock the maximum performance capabilities of the SoC and the independent chip. Combined, users can expect best-in-class performance from the K60 Ultra, according to the company.
Redmi also claims that the K60 Ultra, with the performance unit under the hood, records the highest AnTuTu score on any smartphone worldwide. The device is said to have scored 1,774,714 points, which is unheard of in any segment. Lastly, the phone is confirmed to feature a 144Hz refresh rate OLED display with a 1.5K resolution.
Some other details of the phone have leaked as well. The phone was spotted on Geekbench with 16GB of RAM. Xiaomi might launch a 12GB RAM variant of the phone as well. We can also expect the company to launch the phone with 256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage options in China. A thermal management system could also be under the hood for better heat dissipation.
The K60 Ultra will likely pack a beefy 5000mAh battery. It cleared the 3C certification website recently, which revealed support for 120W fast charging. On the back, the phone is tipped to sport a triple-camera setup. It might feature a 200MP primary camera with support for optical image stabilisation. Here’s a brief summary of the K60 Ultra specifications leaked so far:
- Display: 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a 1.5K resolution and support for a 144Hz refresh rate. The screen has a hole-punch cutout at the top centre for the front camera.
- Performance: MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ SoC, special X7 display chip (Confirmed).
- RAM/ storage: Up to 16GB of LPDDR5x RAM and 1TB of UFS 4.0 storage.
- Battery and fast charging: 5000mAh battery with 120W fast charging, 50W wireless charging.
- Rear camera: Triple-camera setup with a 200MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro sensor
- Front camera: 32MP
- Software: Android 13-based MIUI 14 out of the box.
- Other specifications: 5G, in-display fingerprint scanner, vapour chamber cooling system, USB Type-C port, GPS, Bluetooth 5.3, Wi-Fi, etc.