- Xiaomi has launched Redmi Note 12R in China.
- The device is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC.
- The company might launch the device in the international markets.
Xiaomi is tipped to launch Redmi 12 smartphone in the upcoming days. The Indian software build of the device was found on the official MIUI server recently. Xiaomi has announced another smartphone in the Redmi Note 12 series. The company has launched the Redmi Note 12R smartphone (via) in China. The device is said to be the 5G variant of the vanilla Redmi 12 smartphone. The Chinese OEM has equipped the device with an upgraded Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 gen 2 SoC.
Redmi Note 12R is the first smartphone in the world to equip with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC. The smartphone was recently spotted in China Telecom, revealing the complete specifications, renders, and pricing. Xiaomi recently launched Redmi Note 12R Pro smartphone in China with Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 SoC. Let’s glance at the pricing, availability, and specifications of the newly launched Note 12R smartphone.
Redmi Note 12R: Pricing, Availability
Xiaomi has announced that the pricing of the base variant of Note 12R with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage will start at RMB 999 (approx. Rs 11,315). China Mobile Telecom has announced that the carrier-locked smartphone can be purchased for RMB 99 (approx. Rs 1,120) on a contract basis. The company has priced the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage at RMB 1,099 (approx. Rs 12,450) and RMB 1,499 (approx. Rs 16,990) for the 8GB + 128GB variant.
The 8GB + 256GB variant is priced at RMB 1,699 (approx. Rs 19,250. The China Telecom listing also revealed that the smartphone would go on sale from June 30 in China. The launch price is RMB 100, less than the price shown in the China Telecom listing. Xiaomi has launched the smartphone in three colour options. The Redmi Note 12R will be available in Midnight Black, Time Blue, and Sky Fantasy colour options. The OEM hasn’t commented on the global availability of the smartphone. There are chances for Xiaomi to rebrand the smartphone under Poco branding in India.
Redmi Note 12R: Features, Specifications
Xiaomi has equipped the Redmi Note 12R smartphone with a 6.79-inch IPS LCD with a Full HD+ resolution. The display has a refresh rate of 120Hz and features a centred punch hole. It is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC, built on a 4nm process. The chipset is an octa-core chipset with two Kryo Prime CPUs (A78-based) clocked at 2.2GHz and six Kryo Efficiency CPUs (A55-based) clocked at 2GHz.
Qualcomm claims that the chipset offers 10% performance improvements over its predecessors. The company also equips the chipset with an upgraded Snapdragon X61 5G modem. Regarding optics, Xiaomi has equipped the device with a dual-rear camera consisting of a primary 50MP sensor and a 2MP macro sensor. The smartphone is backed by a large 5000 mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging tech.
- Display: 6.79-inch display, Full HD+ resolution, centre punch-hole cutout, 550 nits brightness, 70% colour gamut
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 with Adreno GPU
- Memory and Storage: 4GB RAM + 128GB storage, 8GB RAM + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB storage, microSD card support
- Software: MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- Rear camera: 50MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 8MP sensor with f/2.1 aperture
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 18W fast charging support
- Dimensions: 168.6×76.28×8.17mm
- Weight: 199 grams
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock, IP53 rating, 3.5mm headphone jack, Dual-SIM card slot