- Xiaomi will launch Redmi Note 13 series smartphones in China on September 21.
- Two new Redmi smartphones have received BIS certification ahead of the Note 13 series debut in China.
- The upcoming Redmi smartphones are believed to debut soon in India.
Xiaomi has confirmed the launch of the Redmi Note 13 series smartphones in China on September 21. The Chinese giant has been dropping various teasers on Weibo confirming the specifications of the forthcoming smartphones. The recent teasers shared by Xiaomi revealed that the OEM will equip the Note 13 Pro and Note 13 Pro+ smartphones with Qualcomm Snapdragon 7s Gen 2 SoC and Dimensity 7200 Ultra SoC.
The upcoming Note 13 Pro and Note 13 Pro+ smartphones will be the first smartphones to debut with these chipsets. The GeekBench listing of both chipsets has revealed their capabilities. The forthcoming devices were previously spotted in China’s 3C and TENAA certifications, revealing various specifications of the unreleased devices. A user on X (formerly Twitter) has spotted two new Redmi smartphones in India’s BIS certification.
Redmi Note 13 Series Smartphones BIS Listing
The user has spotted two new Redmi smartphones with the model numbers 2312DRAABI and 2312FRAFDI in India’s BIS certification. The listing in BIS indicates that the launch of these smartphones is nearing. The model numbers of the upcoming smartphones listed in the BIS listing are believed to be related to the Redmi Note 13 series smartphones.
The Chinese variant of the 2312DRAABI smartphone with the model number 2312DRAABC was previously listed in the IMEI database. The user adds that the forthcoming smartphones will likely be the vanilla Note 13 5G and Note 13 4G smartphones. The BIS listing of the smartphones doesn’t reveal any specifications of the devices.
Xiaomi will likely launch the smartphones during the festive season to take on its competitors from multiple brands, including Realme, iQOO, and more. Digital Chat Station previously tipped that the vanilla Note 13 smartphone will be equipped with 67W fast charging tech. We don’t have much information regarding the specifications of the vanilla smartphones.
Redmi Note 13 Pro / Note 13 Pro+ Expected Specifications
The latest teaser shared by Xiaomi on Weibo confirmed that the upcoming Note 13 Pro+ smartphone will feature IP68 water and dust resistance. The upcoming smartphone will be the first Redmi Note smartphone to sport IP68 rating. Another teaser confirmed that the Pro+ smartphone will also sport wet hand technology, where the smartphone display will work in wet environments without any issues.
OnePlus debuted the technology with its OnePlus Ace 2 Pro smartphone. However, the forthcoming Note 13 Pro+ is expected to perform better in wet conditions due to its IP68 rating. Xiaomi confirmed that the upcoming smartphones will have 200MP Samsung ISOCELL HP3 sensors. The company will also equip the devices with a 1.5K resolution AMOLED display and Corning Gorilla Victus protection.
- Display: 6.7-inch OLED panel, 1.5K resolution, 144Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 7s Gen 2 (Pro), MediaTek Dimensity 7200 Ultra (Pro+)
- RAM and Storage: 6/8/12/16GB RAM (Pro), 8/12/16/18GB RAM (Pro+), 128/256/512/1TB internal storage
- Software: MIUI 15 based on Android 13
- Rear Camera: 200MP Samsung HP3 sensor, 8MP Sony IMX 355 ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP OmniVision OV2B10 macro/depth lens.
- Front Camera: 16MP OmniVision OV16A1Q
- Battery: 5160mAh, 67W fast charging (Pro), 5000mAh, 120W wired fast charging (Pro+)