According to a number of user reports posted on Xiaomi’s Mi Community, Xiaomi has started rolling out a new software update to the Redmi Note 8 in India. The new firmware features the brand’s all-new MIUI 11 customization. However, it is still based on Android 9 Pie operating system, instead of the newer, Android 10 OS.
The update comes bearing the build number MIUI V11 126.96.36.199.PCOINXM and the package size is 664MB. While there are a number of users confirming the update rollout, many are yet to receive the new firmware. This suggests that the update is being rolled out in stages. Here is a complete changelog of the new firmware of Redmi Note 8 for India —
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Record and track your menstruation cycle
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2019.
- Increased system security.
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Different options for hiding the notch
- Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
- Optimization: You can open the gaming toolbox by swiping from the top side of the screen
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo