According to a number of user reports posted on Xiaomi’s Mi Community, Xiaomi has started rolling out a new software update to the Redmi Note 8 in India. The new firmware features the brand’s all-new MIUI 11 customization. However, it is still based on Android 9 Pie operating system, instead of the newer, Android 10 OS.
The update comes bearing the build number MIUI V11 220.127.116.11.PCOINXM and the package size is 664MB. While there are a number of users confirming the update rollout, many are yet to receive the new firmware. This suggests that the update is being rolled out in stages. Here is a complete changelog of the new firmware of Redmi Note 8 for India —
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Record and track your menstruation cycle
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2019.
- Increased system security.
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Different options for hiding the notch
- Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
- Optimization: You can open the gaming toolbox by swiping from the top side of the screen
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, head over to our Facebook page