The MIUI 11 made its debut last month at the Redmi Note 8 series launch event in China. With the unveil of the new software, the brand also revealed a road map for the rollout of MIUI 11. According to which, the Redmi Note 8 Pro was the last in the queue to get the new UI, with the update being scheduled between December 18 and December 26.
Well, Xiaomi, ahead of schedule, has started rolling out the MIUI 11 to the Redmi Note 8 Pro. However, the update is currently being rolled out only in China. The brand might roll out the update to other markets in the coming days. Anyway, the update size is 392MB, and it comes bearing the build number MIUI V188.8.131.52.PGGCNXM. Unfortunately, the new software is still based on Android 9 Pie OS instead of the newer Android 10. Various reports suggest that the brand will offer an Android 10-based MIUI update soon. Here is a complete changelog of the update, as revealed by Xiaomi.
Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 11 Changelog
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
– Updated Android Security Patch to October 2019. Increased system security.
Lock screen, status bar, Notification shade
– New: Different options for hiding the notch
– Optimization: The UI of the player is simpler and more intuitive now
– Optimization: Local songs and items in the favourites are arranged better now
– Fix: We improved a couple of things and fixed some bugs