Reliance Jio has announced the introduction of four new prepaid recharge plans and a new data add-on plan that will give users access to all content on Disney+ Hotstar. The new plans will become valid from Wednesday, September 1, and will be introduced alongside the new subscription plans that Hotstar is rolling out tomorrow. The new plans, while giving access to all content on the Disney+ Hotstar service, will offer users access to it on mobiles only – all as part of a revised charter of subscription plans that it is rolling out for everyone.
The new Reliance Jio prepaid plans that will offer users access to Disney+ Hotstar on mobiles are as follows:
- Rs 499: 28 days validity (1 month), 3GB data per day, free unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS messages per day
- Rs 666: 56 days validity (2 months), 2GB data per day, free unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS messages per day
- Rs 888: 84 days validity (3 months), 2GB data per day, free unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS messages per day
- Rs 2,599: 365 days validity (1 year), 2GB data per day, free unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS messages per day
- Rs 549: 56 days validity (2 months), 1.5GB data per day, no voice calls and SMS messages (data add-on plan)
With this revision, Reliance Jio will now offer the entire suite of content that is on offer with Disney+ Hotstar. Previously, Jio plans that offered access to Hotstar gave users access to the Hotstar VIP tier plan. The latter gave access to live sports, as well as Hotstar Specials (original programming), movies and TV shows. With the new plans, users will get access to the platform’s entire English language content including Disney+ originals, Disney TV shows, as well as international content from publishing houses such as Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, HBO, FX, Showtime and more. However, users will only be able to watch their content on mobile devices, and not across any platforms that they could do previously.