- Reliance Jio launches True 5G services in Tamil Nadu.
- Reliance Jio True 5G services are available in 101 cities.
- Reliance Jio plans to cover all circles by the end of 2023.
Reliance Jio, the telecom arm of Reliance Industries, has launched its True 5G services in 101 cities in only 100 days. The new development has been shared by India’s largest telecom operator Reliance Jio, after launching True 5G services in Tamil Nadu January 11. Notably, Jio’s True 5G services are available in Coimbatore, Madurai, Hosur, Salem, Vellore, and Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu. To those unaware, Reliance Jio started deploying 5G services on October 4, 2022.
With this launch, Reliance Jio True 5G services are available in 23 states, where it is inviting customers to join its services. Plus, Jio has partnered with several leading smartphone brands to provide standalone technology, which is more advanced and has zero dependencies on the 4G network.
Meanwhile, Reliance Jio said that it has invested Rs 40,000 crores in deploying the True 5G services in Tamil Nadu. Plus, the company has employed more than 1 lakh people in Tamil Nadu. Besides, the telco states that services are available in all cities and customers will get 1 Gbps+ speed without paying extra, which means 5G services at 4G cost. This clearly shows that Reliance Jio wants to cover all circles by the end of this year with its SA technology. In case, you are also looking for a list where Jio True 5G is available, then here is a list.
Reliance Jio True 5G Cities Availability
- October 4, 2022: Mumbai, Delhi, Varanasi, Kolkata, and Delhi
- October 22, 2022: Chennai and Nathdwara
- November 10, 2022: Hyderabad and Bengaluru
- November 11, 2022: Faridabad, Gurugram, Noida, and Ghaziabad
- November 23, 2022: Pune
- November 25, 2022: 33-districts of Gujarat
- December 14, 2022: Ujjain and temples
- December 20, 2022: Kochi and Guruvayur temple
- December 26, 2022: Tirumala, Vishakhapatnam
Vijayawada, and Guntur
- December 28, 2022: Aurangabad, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Trivandrum, Panchkula, Zirakpur, Kharar, Mohali, Derabassi, Mysuru, and Nashik
- December 29, 2022: Bhopal and Indore
- January 5, 2023: Bhubaneshwar and Cuttack
- January 6, 2023: Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ludhiana, and Siliguri
- January 7, 2023: Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Udaipur
- January 9, 2023: Tirupati, Nellore, Kozhikode, Agra, Kanpur, Meerut, Prayagraj, Thrissur, Nagpur, and Ahmednagar
- January 10, 2023: Guwahati, Warangal, Hubli-Dharwad, Mangalore, Belgaum, Chertala, Karimnagar, and Solapur
- January 11, 2023: Dehradun, Coimbatore, Madurai, Hosur, Salem, Vellore, and Tiruchirappalli
Airtel 5G Plus Services In India
On the other hand, Airtel has launched its 5G Plus services in only 30 cities, which means Jio is leading in terms of deploying the network, but the latter has not the exact number of unique users that are using True 5G services, whereas as the former has recently said that it has more than one million users on its 5G platform, which has been developed on non-standalone technology.
Here is a list of Airtel’s 5G Plus cities