- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition is now available on Steam and Steam Deck
- The game is currently available for a price of Rs. 1,649 on Steam for PC players.
- Rockstar has confirmed that they would release the game on Epic Games Store Later this month.
Following some leaks and rumours, Rockstar Games confirmed the release of the GTA trilogy – The Definitive Edition on Steam. The developer has also announced its arrival on the Epic Games Store as well. The creators stated in their newest Newswire on 19 January that the bundle will be available on the digital storefront later in January 2023.
Previously, the game could only be obtained via Rockstar Games’ official website, with no approved third-party sources. However, PC and Steam Deck users can now get it from a new retailer.
GTA Trilogy Releases on Steam and is Now Available on Steam Deck
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition came out on 11 November 2021, and replaced the original games of GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas on various platforms. However, Rockstar simply removed the original copies of its early 2000s GTA titles from Steam, making them unavailable for purchase. The only option to get Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy on PC was through Rockstar’s own website.
The remasters were widely panned at launch for a variety of technical issues, as well as “unintended” documents discovered within the game files such as unlicensed music and developer notes, leading to the PC version being briefly removed.
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition is now available to purchase on Steam and Playable on Steam Deck.
— Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) January 19, 2023
Despite the launch troubles, sales data released in February of last year indicated that the title had sold up to 10 million copies after its release in November 2021.
Rockstar Games released Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition on the Steam store on January 19, 2023. While the remastered game has been on the market for over a year, the gaming firm has now chosen to widen its audience by offering it through third-party web retailers.
Here are the three games included in the Steam port:
- GTA San Andreas: Definitive Edition
- GTA Vice City: Definitive Edition
- GTA 3: Definitive Edition
Today, the game is available on 8 platforms and can be bought from five approved retailers. All of those are their names:
- PC: Rockstar Games Social Club
- PC: Steam
- Steam Deck: Steam
- PlayStation 5/PlayStation 4: PlayStation Store
- Xbox Series X/Xbox Series S/Xbox One: Microsoft Store
- Nintendo Switch: My Nintendo Store
The Steam edition of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition costs $59.99, but it is on sale for 50 percent discount until 2 February 2023. The following are the estimated prices for GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition on all platforms:
- Steam: $59.99 ($29.99 on 50% discount)
- Rockstar Games Social Club: $61
- PlayStation Store: $50
- Microsoft Store: $50
- My Nintendo Store: $59.99
The game is also available in the Microsoft Store, where Xbox users may purchase it for roughly $25. The discount is only valid until the end of the month.