As scheduled, Samsung has launched the first 2020 Galaxy A series smartphone today. The device is dubbed as Galaxy A51, and the handset has made its debut in Vietnam. Along with the Galaxy A51, the brand has also launched the Galaxy A71. To read more about that, click here. Anyway, the Galaxy A51 comes as the successor to the Galaxy A50s that was launched back in September.
The most significant upgrade the Galaxy A51 brings over its predecessor is in terms of display. While the Galaxy A50 had a screen with a V-shaped notch, its successor uses a punch-hole display. And what’s interesting is that unlike other smartphones with punch-hole nowadays, the one in the Galaxy A51 is aligned to the center, giving the device a much better aesthetic appeal.
The Galaxy A51 uses Exynos 9611 SoC instead of the Exynos 9610 that is in its predecessor. However, the new processor offers only a minimal performance boost. The new smartphone also features an upgraded front and rear camera setup, newer design language, and an in-display fingerprint scanner that’s missing in the Galaxy A50s. Below are its complete specifications.
Samsung Galaxy A51: Price, Offers, Availability
Samsung has launched the Galaxy A51 in a single memory configuration as I’ve listed below. The device will be available for pre-orders in Vietnam from December 16, 2019, and the normal sales will begin in the country from December 27, 2019.
- Samsung Galaxy A51 (6GB RAM + 128GB storage) – VND 7,990,000 (approximately INR 24,511)
As a launch offer, customers pre-ordering the Galaxy A51 will get Samsung’s Bluetooth headset and a 10000mAh battery pack for free, which according to the brand, is worth VND 1,580,000. There is also an interest-free 6 months EMI option on offer.
Samsung Galaxy A51: Specifications
- Display – 6.5-inch Super AMOLED with Full HD+ resolution, center-aligned punch-hole
- Front camera – 32MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Rear camera – 48MP main, 12MP ultrawide, 5MP macro, 5MP depth sensor
- Processor – Exynos 9611
- RAM – 6GB
- Storage — 128GB
- Operating system – Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Battery – 4000mAh with 15W fast charging
- Connectivity – USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth v5.0, dual-band Wi-Fi ac, dual-SIM 4G
- Others — In-display fingerprint scanner, microSD card slot