Along with the Galaxy A51, Samsung has also launched the Galaxy A71 smartphone in Vietnam today, making it the second 2020 Galaxy A series handset to debut on this very day. The new smartphone comes as a successor to the Galaxy A70s that was launched back in September.
The Galaxy A71 brings a significant upgrade over its predecessor, at least in terms of processing power. While the Galaxy A70s had the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 SoC, the Galaxy A71 packs the newer Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 chipset.
The Galaxy A71 has an improved ultrawide camera at the rear – a 12MP unit instead of an 8MP sensor in the Galaxy A70s. The Galaxy A71 also offers a macro camera, which the Galaxy A70 lacked. The rest of the specifications of the Galaxy A71 remain the same as its predecessor.
Like its sibling, the Galaxy A51, the newly-launched Galaxy A71 features a display with a punch-hole aligned to the center. Even the rear camera hump design is shared with the Galaxy A51. However, the camera sensors in the Galaxy A71 are more advanced compared to that of the Galaxy A51.
Samsung Galaxy A71: Price, Availability
Unfortunately, Samsung has not announced the pricing and availability details of the Galaxy A71 yet. That being said, you can expect the Galaxy A71 to be priced closely to the Galaxy A51 since there isn’t much gap between the specifications of both smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy A71: Specifications
- Display – 6.7-inch Super AMOLED with Full HD+ resolution, center-aligned punch-hole
- Front camera – 32MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Rear camera – 64MP main, 12MP ultrawide, 5MP macro, 5MP depth sensor
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- RAM – 6GB, 8GB
- Storage — 128GB
- Operating system – Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Battery – 4500mAh with 25W fast charging
- Connectivity – USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth v5.0, dual-band Wi-Fi ac, dual-SIM 4G
- Others — In-display fingerprint scanner, microSD card slot