Samsung Galaxy F62 one of the most speculated smartphones from the company has finally made its way to the Indian market. Back in October 2020, the company introduced the F-series in the Indian market with the launch of F41. The newly launched smartphone houses a dual-punch hole cutout design, quad-camera setup, glossy pin stripes design on the rear panel, massive battery, and a lot more among the others. The Galaxy F62 is going to be the competitor of the OnePlus Nord, Realme X3 SuperZoom, and the Realme X7 5G as all these smartphones come with similar specifications and fall under the same price segment.
The South Korean tech giant Samsung is known for offering the smartphone in almost all the price segments. The company has recently launched its Galaxy S21 series in the global market and plans to launch more smartphones in almost all quarters of 2021. The Galaxy F62 had made the wait a lot nevertheless the smartphone has now finally gone live in the country and here are my first impressions about the newly launched Samsung Galaxy F62.
Samsung Galaxy F62 Prices in India
The Samsung Galaxy F62 is launched in India with a price tag of Rs 23,999 for 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. Whereas the 8GB RAM and 128GB model will be up for grabs at Rs 25,999. Both the variants will be available for sale in Laser Blue, Laser Green, and Laser Grey colour shades. Interested buyers can purchase the handset via e-commerce site Flipkart and the Samsung India online store. The smartphone will also be available for sale via Reliance Digital, Jio retail stores, and select retail stores from February 22nd, 2021.
Besides the company is also offering the Galaxy F62 with Rs 3,000 on recharge discount coupons. Jio customers will also receive brands coupons worth Rs 7,000. Buyers will also receive a cashback of Rs 2,500 if they made their purchase via ICICI bank cards or while opting for EMI option. The smartphone is also offering a Flipkart Smart Upgrade Programme under which buyers can pay 70 percent of the phone price and after a year the buyer will have an option of returning the handset and upgrading to the latest Galaxy smartphone or pay the rest of the 30 percent money and keep the phone.
Samsung Galaxy F62 Specifications
The Galaxy F62 flaunts a 6.7-inch full-HD+ Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O display with punch-hole cutout design placed at the top centre of the screen. Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by the in-house Exynos 9825 chipset, clubbed with up to 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. Users can expand the storage up to 1TB via microSD card.
On the optical front, the Galaxy F62 features a quad-rear camera setup with the combination of a 64-megapixel Sony IMX682 primary camera sensor accompanied with a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens of 123-degree field-of-view, a 5-megapixel macro sensor, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor along with an LED flash. Upfront, the Galaxy F62 sports a 32-megapixel selfie camera that sits underneath the punch-hole cutout design.
The smartphone is fuelled by a massive 7,000mAh battery with 25W fast charging support which is said to fuel up the device in two hours. On the connectivity front, it offers Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Samsung Galaxy F62 First Impressions
The Samsung Galaxy F62 comes with a unique glossy pin stripes design but we’re not a big fan of the pin stripes design. The rear panel design might excite a lot of users but not us. The glossy finish on the rear panel does attract fingerprints though, and we recommended to use it with a case instead of cleaning the panel again and again.
On the connectivity part, the smartphone lacks 5G connectivity whereas the OnePlus Nord offers 5G connectivity in the similar price segment. We are in a state where all the companies are focusing on 5G connectivity and users are also looking forward to buying 5G supported phones. So Galaxy F62 without 5G might be a disappointing deal for some buyers.
However, on the upside, the smartphone offers a massive 7,000mAh battery which is capable enough to deliver a battery life of at least a day and the 25W fast charging support also seems to be promising to us. The company has launched the smartphone at very attractive pricing with some amazing offers.
Thoughts on Samsung Galaxy F62
The Samsung Galaxy F62 has tried to tick off all the boxes but missed some too which might disappoint users. If 5G connectivity is not a big concern for you then this is a decent offering from the company as the smartphone has done well by matching its competitors in pricing and specifications. Do note that this is just a first impression of the Galaxy F62 and we are still using the smartphone for a detailed review which is going to arrive soon. Do share your thoughts in the comment section about the newly launched Samsung Galaxy F62.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page