Airtel has added a new bunch of devices to the list of smartphones that support the company’s recently unveiled Voice over Wi-Fi or, VoWiFI as we call it. The VoWiFi service is already live in the Delhi NCR region. If in case you have any of the devices that the company has made eligible, you can enjoy the service for absolutely no extra charge. You don’t need a separate calling app or SIM to use this feature. How to use the service? We have got you covered. Here’s the new list of the devices that have recently got the Airtel VoWiFi feature, alongside the tutorial as to how the same could be used.
Airtel VoWiFi feature: New list of eligible devices
The company has added six new devices to the list of the eligible devices for Airtel VoWifi, which are:
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Samsung Galaxy M20
- One Plus 6
- One Plus 6T
Airtel VoWiFi feature: The previous list of eligible devices
Initially, the company rolled out a list of eligible devices for the service. If you are unable to find your device in the list mentioned above, you might want to check it out below, as the previous list contains a substantial number of eligible devices:
- iPhone XR, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 11, and iPhone 11 Pro.
- OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and OnePlus 7T Pro
- POCO F1, Redmi K20, and Redmi K20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy J6, Samsung Galaxy On 6, Samsung Galaxy M30s, and Samsung Galaxy A10s
How do I enable Airtel VoWiFi?
If in case you have an eligible device that can make use of the Airtel VoWiFi feature and you want to make use of the same, there is not much you need to do, follow the below-mentioned steps, and you are good to go.
- Starting up, check whether your smartphone is already running on the latest software update or not. If it isn’t, it is advisable to update it first
- For Android users: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi & Internet > SIM & network > SIM Setting (while this is the same in most of the Android devices, the names of the above-mentioned settings menu items could differ, so try to locate your respective setting item) and scroll down to Wi-Fi calling
For iOS users: Go to Settings, click on Mobile Data, click on Wi-Fi calling
- Activate Wi-Fi calling by tapping on the radio button
There you go. That’s all that’s needed to avail the Airtel VoWiFi feature on your eligible smartphone. In case you want to know more about the function, you can check out our previous coverage of the same. It looks like the Voice over Wi-Fi feature could soon turn out to be a thing in the country as the leading telecom giants appear to be taking a keen interest in the same lately.
What are your thoughts on the Airtel VoWiFi? Do let us know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page