Samsung opened the OneUI 3.0 beta for the Galaxy S20 phones last week for South Korean and the US users, the beat version was open to only these two countries. However, starting today the OneUI 3.0 beta is also available for users in Germany. If you are also not willing to wait to test the new Android 11 based interface then you can register via the Samsung Members App. Once you’re approved by the app then you will be able to download the update, you can see the option in the software update section in the settings app.
According to the report, the update comes with the G98xxXXU1ZTJA build number and file size of 1.8GB. With OneUI 3, the company has made changes with AOD options, DeX additions and more accessibility controls. Also do note that this is a beta form and it might come with bugs which cause you problem while using the phone, make sure you have the data back up. Here’s the changelog of the update shared by a tipster called @SamsungRydah.
OneUI 3/Android 11 Changes pic.twitter.com/nWNyj76kuN
— Rydah | Samsung Daddy (@SamsungRydah) September 15, 2020
OneUI 3.0 changelog:
- Touch and hold an app to add an associated widget.
- Turn the screen off by double-tapping on an empty area of the Home screen. You can turn this on in Settings > Advanced features > Motion and gestures.
- Dynamic Lock screen now has more categories, and you can select more than one.
- Lock screen widgets are improved.
- See your conversations and media more conveniently in their sections when you swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Always On Display widgets are improved.
- Get quick access to the most important accessibility settings during device setup.
- Get recommended accessibility features based on what you use.
- Set the Accessibility shortcut more easily in settings.
- Sound detectors now work with your SmartThings devices such as TVs and lights to give you more visible alerts when the doorbell rings or a baby is crying.
- You can find the keyboard in settings more easily under General management in Settings, and the settings have been reorganized to put the most important ones first.
- You can now connect to supported TVs wirelessly.
- New touchpad multi-gestures let you change screen zoom and font size more easily.
- Added ability to block websites from redirecting you when you tap the Back button.
- Added warnings and blocking options for websites that shot too many pop-ups or notifications.
- Rearranged menus to make things easier to find.
- Added several new add-ons, including one that translates websites.
- Added option hide the status bar for a more immersive browsing experience.
- Increased maximum number of open tabs to 99.
- Added the ability to lock and reorder tabs.
- Improved design for tab bar which is now supported on all devices.
- Ended support for Samsung Internet edge panel.
Contacts & Phone
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts at one time.
- Added an option to help you quickly delete duplicate contacts.
- Enhanced the search experience.
- Extended the storage period of the Trash bin from 15 to 30 days.
- Added the ability to customize the call screen with your pictures and videos.
- Created a Trash bin to store recently deleted messages.
Call & Text on other devices
- Added the ability to turn Call & text on other devices on or off with Bixby Routines.
- Events with the same start time are now shown together in month and agenda view.
- Reorganized options for adding and editing events.
- Improved layout for full-screen alerts.
- Improved auto-focus and auto-exposure functionality and usability.
- Improved stabilization when taking pictures of the moon at high zoom levels.
- Added the ability to revert edited pictures back to their original versions.
- Grouped preset routines help you get started quickly and learn how to build your own routines easily.
- You can now see what actions are reversed when a routine ends.
- New conditions have been added, such as specific start time, the disconnection of a Bluetooth device or Wi-Fi network, a call from a specific number, and more.
- New actions have been added, including talking to Bixby and accessibility actions.
- You can add a customized icon for each routine and add routines to the Lock screen for quick access.