- The Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro marks 20 years of technical advancements.
- The Samsung E700 is an iconic flip phone that played a crucial role in establishing Samsung’s position in the mobile phone industry.
- The Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro will be available in limited quantity and each unit will have a collector card engraved with a unique number.
Samsung is well-known for releasing special edition variants for its smartphones. Its latest flip foldable Galaxy Z Flip5 has already received two special edition variants i.e. BTS Limited Edition and Special Edition with new colours. The team has now launched a third special edition named Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro. This new edition marks 20 years of technical advancements that the company has gone through. Here is everything you need to know about the latest special edition phone.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro Price and Availability
The all-new Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro edition will be available for purchase from November 1 in the United Kingdom, South Korea, Germany, Spain, and Australia. It will go on sale from November 2 for buyers in France.
Samsung has not revealed pricing details yet but said it will be available in limited quantities in each of the markets. So, if you are planning to grab this special edition, we would suggest you act fast once it goes on sale.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro Features and Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro is an homage to the iconic Samsung SGH-E700 aka Samsung E700 flip phone. This is a flip phone that launched in 2003 and was the company’s first phone with an in-built antenna. It became quite popular at that time and helped Samsung establish its position in the mobile phone industry.
Samsung has launched many other mobile phones with technology advancements over the years. These include the likes of the MP3 phone SPH-M2500, the watch phone SPH-WP10, the TV phone SCH-M220, and the camera phone SCH-V200. The latest special edition flip foldable also marks 20 years of technology advancements for the company.
The Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro has the same colour combination of Indigo Blue and Silver that we saw on the Samsung E700. Its UX design has been tweaked to represent the pixel graphics of the 2000s. There is a new Flex Window animation of a cityscape for a nostalgic touch.
The in-box contents of the Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro include three Flipsuit cards featuring different logos from Samsung’s history’s different eras. There is also a Flipsuit case and a collector card engraved with a unique serial number.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 Retro Specifications:
- Display: 6.7-inch Full-HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 2640x 1080 pixel resolution, 425ppi
- Flex Window:3.4-inch AMOLED screen, 60Hz adaptive refresh rate, 720 x 748 pixels
- Processor: 4nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy, Adreno 740
- RAM and Storage: 8GB LPDDR5X RAM and 256GB/512GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Software: Android 13-based One UI 5.1.1
- Cameras: 12MP main camera with OIS, 12MP ultra-wide
- Front Camera: 10MP selfie camera
- Battery and Charging: 3,700mAh, 25W wired charging, 15W wireless charging
- Audio: Stereo speaker with Dolby Atmos audio
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 85.1 x 71.9 x 15.1 mm (Folded), 165.1 x 71.9 x 6.9 mm (Unfolded)
- Weight: 187 grams
- Others: IPX8 water resistant, NFC, Type-C port, eSIM support