SBI is one of the most popular banks in India with over 45 crore customers spread out over 22,000 branches pan India. The bank has a legacy of over 200 years and is also one of the most trusted and go-to banks for most Indians. One of the basic functions of the banking system is the ability to check bank account balances frequently and there are several ways to do so with SBI.
One of the easiest ways is to give a missed call to a specific banking service from your registered mobile number. Also, one can check the balance via online banking and also Yono mobile application. Apart from that, you can also get balance updates via SMS, toll-free number, and the ATM. In this guide, we will take a look at all the aforementioned ways to check the account balance of your SBI account.
- Lost SBI ATM Card? How to Block or Deactivate State Bank of India Debit Card by Phone Call, SMS, Online
- SBI ATM PIN Generation: How to Create New PIN for your SBI Debit Card Online, Through ATM, SMS and More
SBI Missed Call Banking Services
SBI has already introduced a dedicated banking service that allows you to check balances and get mini statements with a simple missed call. The bank gives you an option to give a miss call on a number and get an instant bank balance update via SMS. This method will come in handy for those who don’t have a smartphone or in case there is no internet to check the balance online. Here’s how you can register and get your SBI balance via missed call.
How to Register For SBI Missed Call Banking Service
In order to use the Missed call banking service, you need to first register your mobile number. However, it is important to note that this feature can only be activated for the mobile number that is registered for an account with SBI. That said, here’s how you can do it:
- Send SMS, ‘REG Account Number’ to 09223766666. For example REG 12345678901
- You will get back a confirmation message indicating successful/unsuccessful registration.
- If successful, you can start using the service.
- If unsuccessful, ensure the mobile number from which the SMS is sent, is updated with the Bank for that account number. If not, visit your Branch and update the same.
SBI Account Balance Number: Missed Call Service
Once the registration is successful, you can give a missed call to 09223766666 and you will get an instant update on your SBI Bank balance. The SMS will have the date, time, and available balance at that particular time.
How to Check SBI Account Balance via Internet Banking
For those who prefer to check the balance on a big screen such as a laptop or PC, you can check it from SBI Online banking. To check the balance using this method, you must be a registered Internet banking user.
- Login to SBI Online banking
- Click on the Account Summary tab
- Under Transactions Accounts, click on “Click here for balance”
- You will be able to see your balance once you click.
How to Check SBI Account Balance via YONO Mobile Application
For those who prefer using an app to check balance, the Yono bank app is the way to go.
- Login to Yono SBI app
- Enter your 6 digit pin
- Tap on the view balance button on top of the screen to check your balance
In case you have multiple accounts, you can tap on Accounts and check the balance for the respective account.
- CIF Number in SBI: What is It, How to Find It Using Online and Offline Methods?
- Google Pay: How to Add or Remove Credit or Debit Card in GPay
How to Check SBI Account Balance via SMS Number
In case, you don’t have access to the internet or you are not registered for online banking, you can check the balance by sending an SMS. Here’s how to do it. To get the balance, make sure you have registered for the facility by sending ‘REG Account Number’ to 09223766666.
- SMS BAL to 09223766666
- You will get an SMS with the balance instantly.
Apart from checking the bank balance, you can also get a mini statement which is the last 5 transactions on the account. To get a mini statement, you can SMS ‘MSTMT’ to 09223866666. Similarly, you can get an e-statement of the last 6 months by sending ESTMT <space> <Account Number> <space> <code> to 09223588888. Lastly, sending HLI <space> <Account Number> <space> <code> to 09223588888 will get you a home loan interest certificate.
How to Check SBI Account Balance via Debit Card using ATM Machine
The last option to check balance is via debit in case you don’t have access to phone or internet banking. Here is how to check SBI bank balance using an ATM card.
- Insert SBI ATM card into the machine
- Enter your ATM pin
- Select “Balance Enquiry” option”
- Check the balance and complete the transaction.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page